Trooping in the Rain????????

Triple d

Hunter
Ok. I have a really stupid question. Getting ready for my first troop (EVER). (y) Of course there is a 30% chance of rain (AAAGHHH). I had a thought. Is it ok to troop in the rain with Fett? Maybe I am being silly but started wondering about paint and such. I did dullcoat my helmet (3 coats actually). Armor is Wickedbeard. Anybody ever have any issues. Sorry for the noob question.

Thanx

I've been caught out in it but got out of it as quick as I could. More worried about electronics than paint but as much sweating as I do on a hot day troop it would not really matter.

So do you think Palpatine got his robe from her?
58_pic2.jpg

but seriously it happened to Vader according to this:
Melting-Darth-Vader.jpg

I stood out in the rain at Dragon Con in my Jango and when I came in I got the comment that I looked like I just got out of the battle with Kenobi on Kamino. The only thisng I was concerned about was any affect int had on my leather (boots, holsters, ammo belt) but it dried out just fine. The water just beaded up on my armor - it was cool looking I have to admit!

I had issues with my armor getting spots on it when I marched in a parade in the rain. Not cool. I ended up having to repaint all my chest armor because of it.

I was worried about this too. Cos, being in the UK. There is 99.9% of rain all year round. :p I may have to swap my blaster with an umbrella! :D

I lucked out (this time) it actually cleared up! But it was HOT! Thank gosh for under armor and the coolmax shorty!!!! There was an issue with sweat though!!

I had issues with my armor getting spots on it when I marched in a parade in the rain. Not cool. I ended up having to repaint all my chest armor because of it.

Might I ask what type of paint and top coat you had (and do you think it would have made a difference)? Was your bucket fine? That kind of scares me a little.

It all depends on what sort of paint you use.

Mine is all painted with rattlecans. One of the reasons I do that is that the paint is really tough, often made for outdoor use. I haven't had any problems in rain or snow.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back