Beware of propcollections on ebay (jet pack related)

dont feel too bad everyone, i sent $215 on may 14th, i won the auction on may 3rd, and now it is july 3rd and i still have not recieved my jet pack. after several emails to daron mccoy... aka propcolletor, he now sends automatic emails to answer my emails... the same ones he sent to me two weeks prior to this posting.

all i have to say, is BEWARE PROPCOLLECTIONS!! if you compose business this way, then i hope you burn.

any questions before you buy from these fraud artists... please contact me or anyone with any experience with him, on this forum. i am just sorry we all had to deal with this, no matter how much money any of us spent we all got ripped off. i think i will just make my own now, no sense in getting ripped off again.

thanks for hearing me out everyone. and again sorry we all had to deal with this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's little consolation to those of you who were burned by this guy, but your bad experiences have saved numerous people, many from this board, from buying from this guy.

Wes

Just wanna say thanks for the heads up...If I am correct....I wanted the same jet pack on ebay. Heck maybe you or someone else outbid me. I am so sorry that this was a total piece of bantha poodoo. I am glad to know that you made a conscience effort on your part to inform us . I am glad we have a forum and a voice on this site so honest people like ourselves can look out for one another. I wish you the best on the jet pack quest. I was told the jett packs at Golden Armor.com were decent. I am yet to find out. Once again I am sorry that you were the guinea pig for this horrible product.

take care

-Jay-

Well after looking though everything I got from him, I noticed I am missing a rocket. He also sent me 2 left thrusters not a left and a right. I say that because one side has details to it and one side looks like resin crap. After a ton of trimming and sanding it is starting to look a little decent, it needs some bondo and some serious work but it might end up looking like a polished turd not just a lump of crap. Has anyone else that has ordered from him recived their jet pack yet, if so it is missing peices too or was mine just a special rip off?

I received a call from the detective on the case 2 weeks ago and at the time had Daron in the station. He asked if a refund "next Friday" was OK? That was a over week ago and still no refund. He (Daron) told me in email he wanted to send a Money Order since the police were now involved. So far still nothing on this end!! I have made the police aware he has still not refunded my money.

Sometimes the world is full of fools who like to cheat and steal out their. But they will get whats coming to them.............. Oh yes they will.

Same here sorry for your bad luck their man. But remember what i said. He's going to see his down fall mwaa ha ha ha ha ha..... sorry for the madness i wrote i just hate seeing poeople getting jipped a little. He wasn't really jipped but still what ingrerent fools they had snots on their like i think he wrote. Man. Oh well sorry for your bad luck man.

P.S I meant man they did a crapy job on it but i agree with one of our fellow Dented Helmet forumers. Work can be done to fix it up.

I thought I had made a post on this thread but I guess not. To anyone who has bought/is considering buying from this creep, you should do some online research, check the rpf, check the asap, rpb, etc..these guys in Ohio are real winners.

Propcollections/Propcreations,Studio74,Mike, Daron, Kevin Miller, Mike Tait(yes he is involved in all of this), whatever else new the come with etc.. they are thieves who have recasted more than one of my scratchbuilds. They have also recasted others and will lie and deceive to collect your money. They lasted about 1 month on ebay pawning POS recasts of my and others work before they were ousted.
Do your research and be wary of any props coming out of their general location in OHIO.

ANyone who wants Kevin M.s (he was my contact man who lied through his teeth until he got what he wanted)I will give you his phone number and the file numbers of several lawsuits against him.

Wow i feel like i just dodged a bullet by a inch. Thanks for the warning man.

Called and spoke to his Dad today. He took my address and said he will have him send me the money within a week . . .
we'll see if that turns out to be true ??????

I already did a chargeback with my credit card company. He never sent me anything.

So far nothing.
Spoke to Daron today. Said "I will get you a refund within a week".
Somehow I dont' belive that since I have heard that before. We'll see how honorable is is this time.

Ok. I have been contacted by someone that has spoken to a lawyer who is willing to take the case but he would like to have others join in to help split the fees. He says he has proof that he is working in conjuction with Michael Tate who ripped many people off when he was at thr Prop Palace. If you are interested in joining the case please either respond here or PM me your name, address, email and phone number and the amount they scammed you for. Lets send these con artists to jail where they belong! Once we have a few more people we can get the contact info to the lawyer

for anyone who wants this:

Daron McCoy (aka propcollections)
2056 Brainard Dr.
Kettering, OH 45440
937-435-8249

Kettering OH Police Dept.
937-296-2555

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back