Re-warping helmet

ACSS2

Active Hunter
How do you get a DP 95 helmet unwarped? I heated it up and let it cool while holding it in the correct position but in 3 hours it would be back to its old warped position. Also how do I round the top of the helmet?

Is yours green or white on the inside? If it's green, it will probably never hold it's shape very well unless you do something internally (like add a thin layer of fiberglass) to keep it rigid.

Wayne

Hmmm. You may want to overcompensate when you try to put it into the "correct" position. then when it snaps back, it may settle into the "correct" shape.

So, is your dome out of whack, too?

Wayne

IIRC, the vinyl in the dome area is just a bit thicker, so it may be harder to knock that out and have it hold its shape. :( All I could suggest would be to get it really, really hot and gently pull the helmet down over a tall kitchen canister or something and hold it until it cools. :( Good luck!

Wayne

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back