WIP my first scratch build.

Bogue

New Hunter
Hello
I am working on my 1st scratch Helmet build. I am using the WOF templates and Antman's tutorial was of
Great help! I am fairly far along as you will see from my pic. I'm working ear pieces atm I have 1 done and have 1 more to go. And still have the key slot to build as well.
This bucket was originally gonna be for me but it is a tad small my nose is smashed up against the visor area. So it will be for my oldest son for Halloween.

5b92fd3a.gif

Has anyone tried to duplicate Antman's "mayan temple" method for the ears of the helmet? I tried and didn't have
much luck so I used apoxie sculpt on the 1st one. If anyone has tried it and can offer up some advice on how to do it successfully That would be great.

i just got started on my armor and been having a hard time finding anything on shin armor. have you found anything on those yet?

Sorry guys haven't checked in, in a while.
Kailzem I am using the Jango Fett armor templates and used the Shin Armor templates for my construction.

I have my ears done they didn't turn out as well as I would like. But this helmet is the learning build. Once it is done I'll start another helmet and hopefully it will be better. I've learned a lot from this build so far.
I'll have to post some pics of my progress.

Bogue - nice work. I recently finished a scratch build helmet from WoF's templates. I am working on posting the work in my thread "New to TDH". Although I am unfamiliar with the tutorial you mentioned, I built my ear pieces in two different ways. The one holding the antenna boom is mostly layers of plastic, glued together, and covered with epoxy. The lower wedge section of that piece I glued three pieces in place and epoxied over them. The lower right ear piece is layered down the center and then flat pieces glued in place for the slanted areas, again epoxy over all of that. The left ear piece I made from layers glued together. Then ground out the shape with a Dremel and a small sanding drum attachment. Epoxy over the layers. Then sand everything smooth, prime, and paint. Like you I am a little dissatisfied with the results. Like you say this was a learning experience. I will remake them in the future. I also adjusted the templates to fit my head. I added an inch side to side and front to back.

Shoot Sorry guys I forgot I started this thread I've been so busy with school work. it was many months ago when I started this thread. I did finish the helmet my son used it for his halloween costume I built him. I built the helmet from matt board, a cardboard bought at hobby lobby that is bout 3mm thick.
The ears were made out of apoxy sculpt they didn't turn out as nice as i had hope. But for this being my first scratch build I am fairly happy with it. Number two hopefully to start soon will be better I think

here is one more construction pick.
7c2cca15.gif

here is a pic of the finished product minus the visor.
aef0dd49.gif

Here is my son in his costume I made for him. From WOF Jango templates, and pvc pipe. The gauntlets are ugly but I built them very quickly in one weeks time.

363188ad.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back