Happy 45th birthday to Star Trek!

superjedi

Sr Hunter
While it's certainly a far cry from the Star Wars universe, today marks the 45th anniversary of one of the most influential sci-fi shows in history. Star Trek premiered on September 8, 1966 and brought science fiction to millions of American living rooms.Happy birthday! :)

I'm surprised no one has responded to this all day long!!!!

I loved the original ST as a kid. I waited all day Saturday so I could catch it at 6pm on WPIX... sometimes I'd try to wait up until midnight (if I could!) to catch it on weeknights!

It was a great show :)

UMM Star Trek doesnt have Boba Fett or anyone as cool...lol Maybe the Borg. 45 yrs.. Without ST I dont know if star wars would have been the same..

UMM Star Trek doesnt have Boba Fett or anyone as cool...lol Maybe the Borg. 45 yrs.. Without ST I dont know if star wars would have been the same..

There is definitely a connection there. I'm really surprised there weren't any more comments here. Didn't even heare anything on the news (I know there is more important news going on in the world...)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back