Gauntlet Sizes?

welshwarrior123

Active Hunter
Hey Guys,
Well I need some advice on what gauntlets to buy. I had a set a while ago that I purchased off evilbay that were really shoddy, so I completely reworked them and reshaped them and they fitted me perfect. But as with most of us on here, we strive for perfection and these were a cheapish pair, so I sold them off to buy another better quality set. The set I got now are perfect, in terms of casting and shape I think they are great....when I dont have the flight suit and gloves on, as soon as I put them on they are just to snug :cry

So what I want to know is who makes accurate/quality....but larger gauntlets?
Ive had a search around and found an old thread with MOW, FP and ruffkin gaunts and saw that MOW's were the biggest, but he's since re-vised them so im at a bit of a loss?
Any help?
Thanks.

Welsh

No one knows who makes large gaunts then??
Can somebody then tell me if the measurements for the ROTJ MOW gaunts are the same as his ESB ones? As these are the ones im thinking about going for.

Ta

I wouldn't consider the Ruffs I have large, and I don't have Popeye forearms either. If MOW is still making gaunts I'll probably buy a set of his, not necessarily for the size but I think a hinge closure will be better than the velcro I have on there now. I could measure my Ruffkins if that will help you?

See that was what I was thinking with the MOW gaunts, the set I got now work on a hinge and pin system and there is no room for adjustment. With the MOW's I could add an extra inch by going the Velcro route.
Are the Ruffkins gauntlets still readily available? As I havent heard much off them for a while, but yeah I would be really grateful for some measurements, basically just the diameter and height of the holes would do.

Thanks

I don't think ruffkin still sells them but I will take some measurements when I get home today. I'm curious how they compare to the MOWs.

IMG_2398.JPGThis is a pic from a thread on gauntlet comparisons (dont know whos pic but credit to them non the less)
Largest to smallest , Rufkin, MOW, Fett pride, (I think thats the order), Fett prides are apparently closest to the real ones in size

Mow has changed the size of his. Esb I think is all he has now. He said he was going to remake the Rotj smaller .The esb are closer to
Movie size now.

Yeah I know he revised them a little, the Mow is the painted one in the picture but that photo is years old. I didnt know he stopped doing them, I'll have to message him and see. If he has stopped them, any one know how big/small the bobamaker ones are?

Jeez I feel like a noob asking all these question lol
Thanks guys.

I'm sure he's still making them (MoW) and they have been redesigned. The old thread you were looking was the first version, really oversized. Size should be about the same on all the makers just being diferent the materials used. Resin for MoW, fiberglass for BM, FP using a mix of ABS and fiberglass and at last Ruffkin which used to use ABS but IIRC there were problems with him.

Okay here are the measurements from my Ruffkintoys. I'm not the original owner so I can't tell you how much they've been trimmed. They do have a little padding at the rear of the gauntlet, though they're tight towards the wrist.

Left Gaunt:
4.25" wide at rear, 4.75" tall, 12.5" circumference
2.75" wide at wrist, 2" tall

Right Gaunt:
4.5" wide at rear, 4.25" tall, 12" circumference
3" wide at wrist, 2.5" tall

My forearms:
7" around at wrist, 12" around right below the elbow

Ok. Figured I would add in the WickedBeard Gauntlets. Hey WTFett, stole your initial text above to post my measurements! Thanks!
In order to fit over the flightsuit I did have to take out the padding in the Gaunts to make it fit. They fit good and snug now! Hope this helps!

Left Gaunt:
3.5" wide at rear, 4.5" tall, 12.5" circumference
3" wide at wrist, 2.75" tall

Right Gaunt:
4.25" wide at rear, 4.25" tall, 13" circumference
3" wide at wrist, 3" tall

My forearms:
7 1/2" around at wrist, 13" around right below the elbow

Thanks for the info guys.
Looking at the measurements I think the wickedbeard gaunts would fit best, and I think my very first set where rufkintoys (are they the ebay one?) Its a shame with my current gauntlets, as they fit perfect with out any padding, but I just cannot fit in my flight suit and gloves :(

So, Ive just sent a PM to WB in the hope that he still makes them, fingers crossed eh. What are they made out of, I swear I read somewhere that they were metal?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back