My Boba/Mando helmet

Fett Seven

Active Hunter
I was 12 yrs old when I first saw SW A New Hope in the movie theater. Like many, it was left to our imagination to fill in the back story/stories of where all these SW characters came from. We all know that Boba Fett doesn't appear till ESB(excluding ANH SE). So thirty four years later I can now create my version of where Boba Fett's look (armor, gear) came from. Being ex military my self, it is easy to imagine Boba Fett drawing from military surplus for his helmet and armor.
With that said, here is my paint up of what Boba Fett's helmet may have looked like prior to Fett owning it.

I acquired a helmet from BGHunter(aka Jinto) about six months ago. Decided to make it a Mando helmet rather than a Boba helmet.
Started by filling in the dent and giving the helmet a base gray primer and silver paint.

parts 012.jpg

parts 013.jpg

parts 014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After the silver paint, came the base coat green. I lay down a base coat close to the color of what the real color will be. In this case, the real is a Panzer olive green and US medium green mix, so my base coat is a cheap rattle can hunter green.

parts 006.jpg

parts 007.jpg

Looking good so far! I'm liking it. :) Do you have any concepts for the rest of the armor or the helmet when's its done?

Hey Ordeyn, I do have a concept for the whole costume(not finished). I have finished the helmet.

The the color I used for the dome and cheeks is a mix of the two Fett greens, panzer olive green and US medium green.
the upper cheeks is a darken green of the same. The mandibles and brow is a gunmetal grey.

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

In my previous post pics you can see I left the back panels(left and right areas of the key slots) void of any main color.
In my concept, the back panels can be used as an identifying area. To be painted with spacial markings, insignia, unit or campaign colors. My inspiration came from WWII invasion stripes on a P-51 Mustang. Invasion and zebra stripes.

images.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

parts 049.jpg

parts 053.jpg

The left ear was painted with rattle can hunter green. To add some interest the plain green ear I use a red and black stripe also found on the lower right of the ESB jet pack tying the two pieces of gear together.
MyMandoHelmet008.jpg

ESB002008.jpg
]

Here is the finished helmet. Not to heavy on the scratches or weathering. The look is to be of normal wear and tear, no battle damage

In my last post, I posted pics of my old Mando helmet. In this post are pics of my new Mando lid. Awesome photos taken by Rubio95.

059.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

045.JPG

047.JPG

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back