Will this scope work for my rotj blaster?

Luis

Hunter
Will this scope work for my rotj blaster?

Ebay link:

Mountable 4 x 20 Rifle Scope for 150lb 180lb Crossbow | eBayt's pretty cheap.. I have a Fiberglass ROTJ blaster, but without the scope..

Will I have problems with this scope when I submit my application to the 501st?

Also.. It comes with the mounting brackets.. will it be enough to attach it to the rifle?

Thanks!

Btw, if you guys have other scopes that you think are more accurate,(but cheap as well) pls let me know! I'd prefer a real scope over a resin one btw.

Well the base scope will work, not sure what ur putting it on though...the brakets are the right ones. Not sure if you have a kit for the blaster or are making your own...its a close scope that would work with a few resin pieces pretty much the same scope I started off with and modded to be more accurate without finding a vintage ASI scope

Thanks F4R!

The blaster I will get like this: (pls dont mind the ESB barrel)

rotjblastermardon.jpg

Thanks for your advice

That is almost the exact scope I have, same scope rings etc, mine is a Tasco. I found it is 1/4 inch shorter in the body and 1/4 inch longer overall than my resin scope copy of the ASI.
Problem that I have is that overall that 1/4 inch turns into 1/2 inch when the scope gets mounted so my rear scope ring sits forward of the optimal position on the barrel.
I think it looks odd on mine. In the photo the mount on the left needs to go forward (more to the left) to suit the scope rings
th_S7300033.jpg

Wow, Thanks for the comparison pics!

I think I can live with that scope till I get something more accurate in the future...

Question is.. is it 501st acceptable?

I have this same scope! :D So glad someone else posted this. I am just looking at the header image of the forum itself. And the scope is a good inch or so higher than the barrel, however, if I buy a normal mount it'll sit about a cm above the scope. I need some assistance with mounting it effectively. Any hints guys? Cheers

P.S. I'm making an ESB blaster.

Glad to know I'm not the only one considering this scope!

We need advice from the experts regarding mods to scope or replacement mounts!

That also looks close to what I picked up from wal mart, I think I have the same scope as boba mike lol...a tasco .22 rimfire 3-7x 20 mm. the knobs are very close on that one too, they just have a little less of a chamfer, but the whole thing is easy to take apart to throw on resin rings or more accurate knobs. Another suggestion for you in case that one doesn't work out! :) good luck sir!

Sent from my DROIDX

I'm so glad an acceptable functioning scope is still easy to find. Unlike the E-11 scope i had to order made out of resin :D

That looks awesome! I am really struggling since I decided to make the ESB blaster. I need the chrome top :( I have bought the pipe to make the entire barrel, and I was just going to use chrome spray paint, but I get the obvious feeling it won't look right in any way. :(

Thanks mate! That's the scope, barrel, gun & stock sorted. Just need the mounts! :D Although, normal scope mounts won't hold the scope high enough off the top of the barrel. What mounts are they that you have got?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes sorta...you need to add that adjustment nob, and the mounts...the mounts are the same but there are blocks they mount to on the blaster its different...the rings on the scope are the same Stormrider is working on his brackets for this now :)

F4R do you have any good reference photos for the resin parts i need on the scope that dont come with this new scope? Thanks id appreciate it. Cant seem to visualize them.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back