Fett Costume WIP

Armydad

Active Hunter
Ive been working on this off and on since about December, I know its not absolutely acurate, I am very limited on workspace and supplys, being that Im inthe Army stationed in Italy, although I did find the Italian equivilant of Home Depot and that has helped a lot. The last major things I have to build are the gauntlets and jetpack, although Im not sure Ill have time for the jetpack before Halloween. Also some major weathering so it doesnt look so shiney new. Tell me what you think, Im looking for opinions, suggestions and any input or comments I can get. Thanks.
DSC00812.JPGDSC00811.JPGDSC00810.JPGDSC00809.JPGDSC00808.JPGDSC00807.JPGDSC00801.JPGDSC00800.JPGDSC00799.JPGDSC00789.JPGDSC00790.JPGDSC00794.JPGDSC00795.JPGDSC00796.JPGDSC00798.JPGpaint shop 2.JPGpaint shop.JPGrepaint4.JPGrepaint2.JPGView attachment 55247

The pics didnt load in order that I built them, I started with the hasbro helm, then molded the armor, made the ammo belt, painted the blaster (still working, need to find a rust color) and so on. Ill be working on the thigh and ammo belt pouches and cape next. This is a budget build by all means, and as much is from scratch as I could, so please keep that in mind- Ill order some preemo molded armor when I can get back to the US. Templates were all found on this site, so it should be properly porportioned. But deffinately please leave some feed back, good, bad, suggestions, praise, hate what ever, let me know what you think. Thanks.

Hello man!, I saw that you are doing a great work!!!!!!! only been patience, because or enemy is the time!

let me tell you that: take it easy with your Boba costume, " if you apply more time to create you costume, better will be the level of quality", I took almost 2 years to create my Jango and I still working to getting better.

I recommend you create a references photo album from Boba Ep5 or 6 (depends of you Boba version), and takes all the details to ensure your quality.

For the gauntlets and Jetpack, you can get the patterns here in DH, and make them (you must work so hard them in time and materials), or if you want, I can send you via email all them in Pdf format.

Man of war, sells one of the best Gauntlets and jetpack in the market, but only you know, how much $ can spend for now (gauntlets almost 300$ and jet sure 300$ in kit form).

My Jet is from Man of war, but my gauntlets are from a friend name Simon, who lives in London, he sold my the Boba Ep6 gauntlets, and I modifyed to Jango.

Any help or info I will be avaible to help you, let me know :cheers

here is my Jango
All the costume except, Jet, Helmet and gauntlets, was made by me: (but I had to modifyed and paint)

PedroNieves11.gif

Bad *** looking costume, I am really impressed. I made my gaunts from cardboard and resined them. Only took like 10 hrs total with paint. The jp takes forever though lol. Keep up the good work. Need to build u a manaquin to get the costume off the floor lol. I made one from several heavy duty tubes and duct tape. And pillows to add proportion.

Thanks snow/ ogunn- It means a lot to hear that :) Yes time is the enemy, at least this year lol, Im looking at making the gauntlets out of taco bell cups and some plastic cardboard like sheet stuff I found at the Italian home depot, I have all the patterns (thanks for the point in the right direction) its just a matter of wether Ill have time to build the jetpack before October, either way Ill make it sooner or later. Im already scouting trash cans to re-make the plate armor peices. You've got a pretty nice jetpack yourself, is that a kit or scratch built? I know the pre-made kits can get pretty pricey, but there is a guy on ebay selling gauntlet kits for like 80 bucks or something.

Here's an initial fitting, still need to work on attaching the knee pads, need to sew thigh pouches on, attach cape correctly (its draped over my shoulder for this), build the gauntlets of course, weathering all around, yada yada yada.

DSC00814.JPG

Look up hasbro helmet visor mod and repaint in the helmet section of the forums, I think its been moved to the third page now, but its got step by step instructions on how I did it, they key is in the paint job. Let me know if you cant find it, Ill copy and paste the directions here. Thanks for the encouragement, Ive been a little afraid to post my work, seeing how almost everything I have is made from scratch as oposed to a bunch of others who have the " good molded peices to work with" but yeah thanks again, Ill spill the beans on how I did everything, just ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes my Jet is from Man of War, in kit form, here is a picture, if you want enter to my jet gallery and check out. if you want to make your jetpack, I have the patterns fron Alan Sinclair (the best) or I have a picture tutorial from a friend, who make his jet with a special tecnique with tubes, carton and plastic 3 mm PVC and looks great, here is a example:

My jet
0bf693b8.jpg

0bf693b8.gif

Tutorial Jetpack
I f you want it in a better resolution let me know.

jetpack kit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks for the jet pack pack info Snowaure, Ill put one together eventually , I was planning on something similair with cardboard tubes ( should be lighter on the back)
Right now Im redoing my armor with trash can armor, Im in the middle of painting it right now, the armor I have now looks good, but its stiff and fragil and Im afraid it'll crack if I drop it or something, the trash can was way easier to cut out and shape, and its flexible so I dont have to worry about it cracking, Ill post the picks and have every one which set looks better.

No problem Armydad, any thing just let me know, I reccomend you for the ammo plastic PVC 2 mmm in Italy is easy to find, that plastic si for selling in plastic stores and tools warehouses, coming in sheets or in sizes depends of you request, coming too in various colors white, black and blue etc. after cutting the ammo with a dremel or knife, later you must to sand it and is ready to paint (you can use spray).to create the ammo curves use the hot technique (use a special hot pistol used to car painting work, that pistol you can find it in a warehose),see you man!!!!!!!!! we keep in touch!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to update my armor. The plastic I origonaly used was very rigid and subject to cracking under rough handling, and it started flat so all contours had to added by heating and bending resulting in uneven lines in some places so I decided to go with something a little more flesxible and less likely to crack under stress. I also think my paint job went a little better the second time around seeing that I learned a few tricks as I trialed and errored along the way. I personally like the newer trash can set better, let me know what you think between the two by leaving a post. The trash can set still needs a few touch ups here and there but close up looks much better. The set displayed with the jump suit is the first set, and the second set is sitting alone, let me know which one looks better and why. Thanks.

DSC00817.JPG

DSC00818.JPG

DSC00819.JPG

DSC00820.JPG

DSC00821.JPG

DSC00822.JPG

DSC00915.JPG

DSC00916.JPG

Youve done some good work and are off to a good start ,
Though I think your green on your armor is to yellow , the armor colour is actually quite a dark green ,

Thanks, the green is actually a little darker than it shows in the pic, I had the living roon lamp right above me when I took the pic, both sets of armor are actually the exact same colors. As for the what colors they are, Im not sure, I get my paint from the Italian Home Depot like store and everything is in italian, so I do what I can to get it close, like I mentioned above, I know its not 100% accurate, full accuracy will have to wait for when I can get back to the states.

Here's this weekends update, a little carbon scortching on the armor and started piecing the gauntlets together (wish I could find some sintra, instead Ive got whats structured like cardboard, thin layers on top and botom with little rows in between, only made from plastic instead of paper, ok some times a real pain others) and sorry for the blurry pics, its the same camera Ive been using, guess it wanted to take a break or something.

DSC00924.JPG

DSC00925.JPG

DSC00926.JPG

DSC00927.JPG

DSC00928.JPG

Didnt get much done, but here's what did get done, re-done armor mounted, wookie scalps braided (thanks to my beautiful wife) will get rid of the hair ties a little later and replace with twine or something, and first build left gauntlet first paint. I know the gauntlet isnt perfect and you can see the ridges in it, but that was the best material I could find right now, Ill re-do them later when I get back to the states and can get my hands on better materials. I also went with velcro on the gaunt instead of a hinge because I knew Id be re-doing it in the future anyway.

DSC00930.JPG

DSC00931.JPG

DSC00933.JPG

Next is the right gaunt and building the missle for the left gaunt, mounting and painting the back armor plate, some little velcro patches here and there to keep things snug, toe spikes for the boots and some more weathering and hopefully Ill have time to start on a jetpack before halloween.

Finaly got started on my right gauntlet, I also finaly got ahold of some foam core or sintra, man that took forever, if this one turns out as good as its looking, Im going to re-do the left gauntlet. Ive also got some stuff to start building the wrist rocket, hopefully Ill be able to put it together soon.

DSC01008.JPG

DSC01009.JPG

Left gauntlet coming together, cant wait until I get back to the states so I can make some proper molds, but until then this is all I have to work with so Ill do what I can to make it work the best I can!

DSC01014.JPG

DSC01015.JPG

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back