Fett Costume WIP

Another test fitting with gauntlets and knee pads, Ill tell you what man, this thing gets hot fast lol

DSC01017.JPG

Cool, I was in the 101 at that time, as for Vicenza, things just arent what they used to be from what Ive been told, Im glad to say Ive been there and got the t-shirt but it deffinately wont pain me to leave the unit.

Finally got the collar to marry up with the back plate and mounted the cape properly along with the collar studs., The last actual builds left are the wrist rocket and toe spikes, then some weathering and painting (like the emblem on the chest armor) And I may re-do the left gauntlet all together now that I have some foam core to work with, i must say that the right gauntlet looks much better (and I cant wait to make some proper ones when I get home!) And I know I dont have slots cut out on the back piece for the jet pack yet, it all depends on if I can complete one In time for Halloween or not, so if need be Ill troop around with a bare back. But so far so good, and I must say the wife is happy that the end is near (at least for the majority of the big stuff for now lol)

DSC01026.JPG

DSC01027.JPG

The armor looks pretty good, but there is a major defect on your suit: you must wear the vest with the zipper in the back not in the front. It looks weird and ruins the visual look of the whole suit.

Ah yes the zipper, you sir are the first to mention it, truely a trained eye! I admit it is not accurate, and I would wear it backwards except that it fits me all wrong and chokes me. If you have followed the entire thread you would know that I am very limited in my resourses, so this is the best that I could find for now. I may cover the zipper with a flap so it doesnt stand out so much. I eventually want a vest that zips on the side, so I can do it myself at least, but again good eye!

Yep, I may do the flap if I can get a jet pack put together by the end of next month. But to be honest its not so much budget as just having the supplies availible, being a Soldier stationed in Italy limits me quite a bit. I can go to the hardware store and zone in on spray paint and big items but its gets hard to grunt something like " I need something pointy so i can make metal toe spikes". And I really want to make as much from scratch as possible with out buying pre made kits. Once I do get back to the states I plan on setting up "shop" so I can make molds and proper equipment and peices instead of using taco bell and subway cups for gauntlets you know. Every bit of this has been constructed in my living room, with the exception of the spray painting which was done right outside on my tiny balcony. So when I get a garage or shed Im going all out, thats for sure!! But do keep the comments and suggestions coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started building the rocket, the cone isnt as good as Id like but its the best I could do with what I have for now. Still waiting on some gold/ bronze paint and some black to finish it up.

DSC01045.JPG

DSC01047.JPG

DSC01049.JPG

@ spartan, thanks man appreciate it
Here's what Ive got for the rocket, still keeping a look out for the bronze / gold for the nose cone though

DSC01054.JPG

DSC01060.JPG

@ zachstarkiller, thanks- as for where to start, that depends on you, your budget and what you are capable of doing yourself, I say, and I belive almost everyone at this site would agree that your helmet will make or break your costume. I've tried to do as much as I could by hand or from scratch, and the items I did buy I have modified myself (the helmet, blaster, jumpsuit and vest being the big ones) everything else was pretty much made from scratch or something else, the armor is from a rubbermade garbage can (see pics) the knee pads are tupperware bowls with wooden blocks fixed to the sides, the knee dart tubes are metal hose nosles I found in the garden section of a hardware store, the gauntlets are made with taco bell cups, the gauntlet rocket, different sized wooden rods etc, the darts on the right gauntlet are actual metal dart shafts ( like throwing darts you'd find at a bar) the boots I found on amazon, glued some black parachute cord to and painted. It all depends on your imagination.
Or you could go pre-made molded aromor and stuff, there are plenty of merchants- most of which you can find out about here on the dented helmet, who have pre made kits for the helmet, armor gauntlets, kneepads, jetpacks, there are tailors who do the flight suits and vests, there are endless possibilities, depending on how you want to do it, pre made (usually a little more $, but deffinately more acurate, or homemade, and in that case its up to you on how good it turns out)
But remember, Fett isnt someone you can throw together in a weekend, Ive been working on mine off and on since december, many people here have much more time invested in theirs, take your time, I even have plans on upgrading peices once I have the oportunity, like the post says WIP, work in progress, I still have a long way to go myself, but Id be glad to give out tips and pointers to you along your own journey, just drop me a line, alway happy to help a fellow fett head.

Well here's what Ive got for Halloween, deffinately not done by any means, but not bad for the holiday, today showed me where I need some structural improvements, one being the thigh pouches for sure, gunna have to but some card board in there, they just wouldnt behave tonight, but all in all Im happy with my progress so far, what does every one else think so far? Oh yeah and the wife had to have a matching costume so she went with the sexy Leah and my stormtrooper blaster (which is much better than my fett blaster lol)

DSC01076.JPG

DSC01077.JPG

DSC01078.JPG

DSC01081.JPG

Well I've made the little modifications the last fit showed me I needed to make, re-secured some velcro here and there, and learned some do's and do nots, so here's hoping for a good Halloween! Then I think Ill put the project on hold for a bit, at least until I can get back to the states and set up shop properly, but Im happy with what Ive got so far and it'll be a good base to start with when I get back into it. Thanks to every one for the insights, suggestions, comments and so forth, Ill be sure to post a proper listing of who's stencils and patterns I used,dont have them on hand right now, but they're generally the popular ones that every one else seems to use, so again thanks guys for helping me with this project, not finished by any means, just going to take a little hiatus after Halloween to give the wife a little break and clear out the living room lol. Ill be sure to post pictures from halloween, and please feel free to keep the comments comming!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back