*Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread

hello fellow fett fans! My name is Coleman Connell (my friends call me corby) I'm 15 and live in Colorado. I'm home-schooled and I've loved Star Wars since ...... ummm.... before i can remember. I'll probably be working on a custom once i acquire the proper funds. (legally of course:lol:)

Hmm, I've neglected this thread up until now, and I'm bored, so here we go:

Hi everybody! I'm Phil sometimes I go by the name "hellopike" I'm the only one, so if you see that name somewhere else, its me. I'll be 28 this tuesday and I'm a currently unemployed sometimes photographer/graphic designer. I occasionally do lowbrow/urban art, vinyl toys, etc.. I collect toys of all sorts. I've been into Star Wars since I can remember- one of my earliest memories is seeing ESB in the theaters. I have a beautiful girlfriend who is cool with the Boba Fett costume! I decided on undertaking the task of building a Boba Fett kinda on a whim... I've always been a fan, but never done any costuming. I dunno if I'd do another... I think about it, but I dunno. Maybe a custom Supercommando, just to hang around here for a little while longer.

Anyways heres the obigitory pictures :

phil4.jpg
phil5.jpg

piketatooinex.jpg

take care,

phil

Well, I've been putting this off for sometime...

My name is Arnold, I live in Canada.
I work as a Graphic Designer, for a company that makes fancy stickers.

I recently got married, have a honeymoon planed for this Oct. (London,Paris and parts of Italy)

I've been a TDH Member for several years.
I first found the TDH thru the Replica Prop Forum. and the 501st, which I'm a member of as well, TK921.

I always wanted to create a Fett suit for a loooong time, but life and $$ got in the way, little did I realize how much a costume like this cost and the time you have to put in to it. and at the time (8-9 yrs ago) I only saw a "handfull" of suits that made the cut..

But, with all the guys like Brak's, FettPride, Spideyfett, SS, Rogue Studios. who do the home work to make our costume details so easy to nail!

and with members like Webchief, Arturo, Delta75, Skygunbro ,Motorfish (best painter back in the day) some who have great costumes or were nice sellers... I know I missed a lot of ppl, this is the BEST forum I have been on!

Well, I guess I'll post a pic, so when I hopefully go to Dragon Con next year, some of you can say "hi" to me.

Me at work.

fettworkzq2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone! My name is Charles Duncan (I go by Charlie). I'm an ex-Navy nuke who managed to find his way back home to NC. I've been working on several Star Wars outfits (and even got most of them completed), but the time has come for me to start on my Fett. I can't put it off any longer; the Vader in my garrison keeps telling me, "it's your destiny." I've already found tons of great info here on the forum, and I look forward to being able to get a great ESB Boba finished!

Here's a picture of me and Mando 1.5! (ok, my leg and Mando 1.5)
aac2-1.jpg

OYA MANDA!!!

Just registered on TDH, after meeting some Mando'ade at the Dragon Con 2007 recruiting table. Great Job on the Beskar'gam!!!

My name is John Humphrey, of Pensacola, FL. I live in Crestview, FL, now, where there seems to be few folks interested in Star Wars (or Star Trek). I cut my teeth in SCA and Star Trek Costuming. I found love for the art as I developed my various Klingon Armor (the Tiger-sleeved Klingon is the most popular).

http://home.earthlink.net/~mandalorians/gallery.htm
http://home.earthlink.net/~ikvshadowstorm/gallery.htm

Episode 1 encouraged my creation of a Darth Maul uniform, before the movie came out, so I could entertain at the premier and for various charity events. Episode 2 and the graphic novel "Jango Fett: Open Seasons" locked in my passion for the Mandalorians. For the last few years, I have been active in SWG on the Tempest server, building and maintaining the Mandalorians Guild (MANDO) and building a Mandalorian History thread on the SWG Forums. Learning the history and reading the books really opened up a new world for me; BIG thank you to Ms. Karen Traviss.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?&topic_id=252748

I have been married for four years to an extremely patient young lady, who enjoys sci-fi. We have two very young boys and a little girl on the way. I hope to inspire all of them.

I work as a Network Manager and Engineer, and our team is just finishing a huge rollout of a new Cisco MPLS WAN and Microsoft server network. With things finally calming down, I was able to attend Dragon Con after missing it for five years. I met several TDH members, and enjoyed checking out the fine workmanship of many sets of beskar'gam. I hope to be able to get to know many of you over the coming years, and I hope to build a set of armor and join you for recruiting tables and other events in the near future. I have started on my beskar'gam, but I have significant work to complete it. I will be using the "Search Tool" quite a bit in the coming months.

Welcome aboard!

There are actually quite a few 501st Legion Members in the Pensacola/Mobile area. You should look up future events in your area, and come out and meet the gang! :D

Hiyooooooo. I’m Josh in Colorado. I’m 30, married, with 2 kids. My wife’s pretty much a geek, but she mostly just puts up with me. My kids – my girl is just as crazy as me and helps me with everything, and my boy is too young to do much else other than poop.

I’ve done a fair amount of costuming and prop building over the last 7-ish years or so. Am a member of the 501st (4752), Fan Force, drift between a couple Klingon Houses (depends on who has better drinks), the occasional Starfleet ship, Ghostbusters, Renaissance/Pirates/Medieval stuff, tabletop gaming, and whatever else catches my interest. I took a couple years off from it all to concentrate on grad school, but I’m slowly finding my way back. I would have been back sooner, but video games and MMOs (SWG FTW until they sank it – am now doing WoW) have peaked my interest as of late. I’m…pretty…ADD…sometimes. Don’t be surprised if I fall off the board for awhile and show up 6 months later. :)

I do check in on my Fan Force and Myspace almost daily, though.

Right now, I’m taking some time off my side contracts (hooray burnout. :facepalm :p) and just trying to have fun again. So, next on my list are a SWHS Fett, and a KotOR Rohlan Dyre. But that’s subject to change by the end of the day. LOL.

Can't believe I haven't filled this out before. 'Bout time I get movin!

Kevin Wagner is my name. Anything Star Wars related is my game. I'm 28, and live in northwestern New Jersey. I've been married for a little over 3 years now, to a hotty wife who tolerates my Star Wars obsession, but has zero interest in participating.

I've always been interested in Star Wars, collecting the toys, playing with them, never giving a thought to keeping them in the packages. Where's the fun if you can't play with them?!?!? When the Zahn books came out in the early 90s, it rekindled my desire to get involved in anything Star Wars. So for years, I kept collecting, thinking "Man, it would be so cool to get a real quality costume like from the movies!"

Fast forward a few years, and searching the big E to the BAY, finding out "HOLY COW, people do make these costumes? I have GOT to get one!" 4 Stormtrooper sets later, I started meeting some people who pointed me at all the other different costumes, and I've been going nuts ever since.

Even since ghosting around TDH reading the forums, I've had the desire to give it a go. So recently I broke out of my shell, and started getting some parts, with the desire to do a custom Mando first to get my feet wet. Learning all sorts of interesting things as I progress, and heck, there isn't a better place to ask questions then right here!

Look forward to speaking to you all at some point.

Kevin

Well hello!

I have been here for a while but I suppose I have never properly introduced myself. My name is Jayme (parents were hippies, I was almost Moonbeam) I am a scorpio and I cut my own hair. I live in Dayton Ohio and I have been a Deputy Sheriff for 13 years now. I am 35 years old and I have a beautiful wife of 8 years and a 4 year old son (he has all of me). I love to cook and I am a home theater buff. I have met a lot of great people here and I consider you my friends. My wife however blames all of you for the draining of our bank account for my boba fett costuming addiction;). This is a great place to hang out and I look forward to meeting some of you someday.

me 2.jpg

Hi All! My Name is Tom and I live in Knob Noster Mo. ( thank you Air Force. ) I've been a Star Wars fan all my life, and wanted a mando costume even longer ;) I've been lurking around the forums for a couple months now, and since I've finally decided to go ahead and make a costume I thought I'd introduce myself. I decided to do my first custom fett from sintra and I do have one question. I don't really care for how thin the sintra and some of the vacuformed plastic look thin, so does any one have any experience with layering pieces to bulk them up? Feel free to call me silly noob if the question has been answered some where else, as long as I get pointed to an answer :p
Thanks for any help, and all of your costumes ROCK!

Hi Everyone, My Name is Tom. My computer is being stupid so if I've posted several times in here and don't know it, I'm sorry, please don't hurt me... jk. I've been lurking around for a while now reading up on different prop making techniques, I love all your work by the way, and I finally decided to jump into my own project of making a custom mando. I do have one question that I couldn't find anything on so if one of you have an answer let me know and it has been answered somewhere let me know and call me silly noob. my question is does any one have experience layering sintra pieces to get a bulkier look to thier armor? Thanks A Bunch.

SORRY GUYS I COULDN'T SEE MY FIRST POST TILL I POSTED THIS ONE.

Hi all,
Time for introductions :)

My name is Dave, and I hail out of Auckland, New Zealand (but originally from Liverpool, England)

I am 36 and have been a fan of star wars since my father took me to ANH when I was 6.
Fave is ESB, because of a certain BH ;)

I have been reading TDH for the last 18-month-2 years off and on and had started my own ESB Boba using WOL templates and Ruffkins Gauntlets.
However I have now bought a Local guildies complete ESB fett and will be taking on that role at local troops.

I have posted some shot of the suit I now own and some of you may recognize it.
(Dean who I bought it off was a regular here at TDH.)

normaldsc001477e0xk4.th.jpg

normaldsc00144dm2.th.jpg

normaldean01ga6.th.jpg

NB:
Dean is 6.2/3 and I am 5.11-6ft so some changes will be made.
I have decided to re-do all the Hard parts, so this suit will change over the course of the next few months.
And the long term plan is to converts everything I can over to Bobamaker.
So any help/guidance is welcome :)

Thanks in advance :)

Kind regards Dave

I'm Chuck Norris.

I don't pay for the internet because I am the internet.

I have two speeds, slow and kill.

One time a man asked if my name was Charlie, I simply stared at him until he exploded.

I have a boba fett costume because he is the only person almost as awesome as me.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back