Ordering food online--am I a dinosaur? :)

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Hi all,
I gotta say I don't usually order food a lot these days. I might go out and grab a bite every now and then, but it's been some time since I had something delivered.
I was in a pizza kind of mood and didn't feel like driving anywhere, so I tried to give my local Domino's a call. I kept getting disconnected after one ring, so I looked up the number on the web to make sure I called the right place.
I saw the option to order online so that's what I did.

Am I really such a relic from the dark ages that I've never done this before??? :lol:
I mean, I was born way back in the prehistory of the 20th century, but I honestly felt like Phil Hartmann's old SNL character, "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer," where everything is scary and bewildering. :wacko

Oh well, I'm off to repaint my windowsills with some lead paint and adjust the rabbit ears on my TV to watch an episode of McMillan and Wife.
Keep on truckin'! (y)

I just recently tried ordering from Dominos online, and I gotta say it was a lot easier than calling.

I too am a dinosaur for the most part......I still have my same cell phone from 1998, no joke. People see it and laugh. I might as well have one of the old brick phones from the 80s.

Ok. This is toooooo dang funny. We ordered pizza from Papa Johns a couple of weeks ago (for a birthday party) and I must say it was easy and great. Don't know that I would do it all the time but it was cool. So I am right there with you all.

I got my order earlier and everything was great!

Now it's time to set my empty milk bottles out on the porch and throw some Foghat in the 8 track player.

Groovy!

Chris do they deliver to the middle of nowhere?

Yah, it's not that common knowledge that I am a mountain man in every sense, and
like everything that goes with it, deliveries are a problem. Though it's likely not due to
remote locations and treacherous 4x4 access ... but more due to my appearance when I
answer the door. I'm usually quite tattered, covered in mysterious white dust, and appear
to be quite fed up and on edge. The slightest twitch or tick in that state really seems to
put people off for some reason :confused

These days, I even have problems with UPS and Fed-Ex. Recently, I thought a package had
been lost. It turned out it had been delivered days earlier and I didn't know it. It was left
out at the front of my driveway. I can only assume they're getting more and more nervous
about ringing the bell :p

Chris

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back