Rondo smell help

Mrpanic241

Jr Hunter
hey guys i made two helmets using the standard fiberglass/rondo method and although its been 24 hours they still smell to high heaven, what do i do to get rid of the smell!?

The chemical reaction will continue for quite awhile. Most resin pieces take about two weeks to a month to finish "gassing out" depending on the temperature. If you used very little catalyst there is the possibility that the pieces will never set.

i am pretty sure they are setting. the helmets are already pretty hard. So I guess I will just have to wait it out then? Is there anyway to speed up this process?

Rondo is a mix of Bondo and poliester Resin (usually a 1:1 ratio) which is used like urethane resin for hardening paper projects, like the ones built with pepakura.

I use Smooth Cast 65D on all my helmets and love the stuff! Easy to work with, almost no smell, and leaves a smooth finish.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back