My Custom Mandalorian SpecialOps/BountyHunter

Yeah. I bet the wait is worth it though! :)

Dude...we have t wait another 4 years. This is going to drive me freaking insane!!!!!!!!

Well, the helmet is at the battle dameage stage. Paint is on and it looks great! I can't wait till i find my camera! (I lost it while working...)

I'm back! sorry I haven't been on for a while. the XC (Cross-Country) season has started and I am about to go to my second race tonight. I am REALLY HAPPY about my progress as a runner because I just found out that I get to run at Soda Springs on saterday! this race consists of the top 14 boys and 14 girls of the team(our team is ranked with in the top 20 in the nation! makes me happy that i am in the top 14 of such a high ranking team!:p)[not meaning to brag here...] and the track acts like it was created by an acient sith lord (the relentless kind). There is a hill up there called Heart Attack Hill that absolutly kills our varsity runners. a very long, high hill. (I don't plan on having a heart attack soon either. :D)

anyway. I went to the fair last week and my buice got second place over all of the youth! the only thing that beat me was a pirate ship 4 feet tall and made out of popcicle sticks and canvas. :eek: neat project. :angry i'll kick it in the shebs next year with a fully built Beskar'gam! :lol:

I found my camera and the SD card was deleated so i lost all of my progress pics! :cry i do have a few pictures of it finished that i took after the fair though! (y)

i will post them right after mom gets it from the car. she wont let me get it. i think that there's something in there that she is hiding from me. mabey its a birthday present. (my b-day is less than a month. 09/29):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guy's! i'm sorry for keeping you on the edge of things here. I've been working on keeping my grades up in school. so far I still have a 4.0 GPA. I have also been working on restoring my 1968 109 WB Series IIA Land Rover. Been a bit of a hastle so far due to the fact that they are SUPER rare in states. even f you go to england where they were made you would have trouble finding them.

Anyway, i found some time where i can finally post the pictures i told you about above. here they are:
DSCN3390.JPGDSCN3382.JPGDSCN3383.JPGDSCN3384.JPGDSCN3385.JPGDSCN3386.JPGDSCN3387.JPGDSCN3388.JPGDSCN3389.JPG

No, the visor isn't installed yet. The best visor i could think up is a tinted motorcycle helmet visor. the problem is that the visor leangth is 7.25 inches and the closest that i have found is 6 iches. i'm going to start looking online for a good visor. you can help if you want, i'm looking for a blue tinted visor. if any of you find one, please post.(y)

The helmet looks great! (It makes me feel like I haven't seen the color yellow in a while...) However, you might want to think about getting some masking tape and retouching the edges of the non-black paint to make the edges straight. It'll sharpen up the whole look of the bucket. Other than that, I love it. :)

I can't help you with a tinted visor but here's where I got mine:

heargear for faceshields,Boba Fett Faceshield,Dark Green Faceshields,clear face shields,polycarbonate faceshields,hard hat sunshieldHard Hat Liner
scroll down for "Polycarbonate Faceshield -Clear" Get the Dark Green one.

Here's a simple solution for tinting your visor just about any color you wish: GamColor has lighting gels (thin, plastic films) in dozens of colors. The smallest size you can order is a 20" x 24", which is plenty big for what you need, and they're only $7.55 a sheet. For an appearance of depth, layer it on the inside of a clear polycarbonate face shield and you're good to go!

If you need a longer transparent polymer faceguard to cut down, check with any place locally that sells tools/construction equipment. The safety shields used by some construction worker should be long enough for you.

Thanks you guys! And yes, I do need to go back over the paint, but I will do that another day because I have a Cros-Country race in Twin Falls tomorow. need to get rest. Also, I'm still working on the armor, but school is in full punch and I'm still trying to find time to finish working on my Eagle Scout, so I probobly wont post anything about progress for a while.

Have you guys been watching the new Star Wars season? There is going to be a terrible accident because they are bringing back the DEATH WATCH!:angry We should all go to war... :lol:

hello agian! :)

i am haveing troble finding the trash can that i needed. i looked at walmart, fredmyer, pauls, target, ect.

i am going to ask for your help on comeing up with some ideas for more materials. i want something that is strong, hold paint well, and will look nice. cutting the parts will not be a problem.

also, if any of you reading my thread are part of the Mandalorian Mercs. Please ask them aswell.

thanks!

Aranar

hello agian! :)

i am haveing troble finding the trash can that i needed. i looked at walmart, fredmyer, pauls, target, ect.

i am going to ask for your help on comeing up with some ideas for more materials. i want something that is strong, hold paint well, and will look nice. cutting the parts will not be a problem.

also, if any of you reading my thread are part of the Mandalorian Mercs. Please ask them aswell.

thanks!

Aranar

You can sign up at the Mercs too, if you want to. There's a lot of helpful information there -- and people!

Materials off the top of my head...
1) Sintra
2) Cardboard covered in resin or bondo
3) Metal

Thanks Ordeyn! I will end up joining the mercs later. The registration rules say that i have to be 18 or older unless i have an adult sign up with me. I am not 18 yetand my dad is on a buisness trip right now.

What I mean by sign up is you can join the forums before you are 18. However, you are right about actually becoming an official Merc -- then you have to be over 18.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back