Some quick ESB colour questions

Jayvee

Active Hunter
Morning peeps! sorry to start a thread on this, Ive searched and searced and just cant come up with a concrete solution. I will be doing a new ESB paintup soon, airbrushing Humbrol enamels. Terminal Fettlers list seems spot on for the most part, but looking through a thread where Ponte did a killer paintjob also, they came to the conclusion that the humbrol Grey 106 (ocean grey) used for the rear panels and mandibles was in fact a little dark. Ponte came up with the solution of using Floquil Reefer grey. Now, that would generally be me done, except for the fact that Floquil is very tough to find in my area. So, was wondering, if anyone has come up with a Humbrol colour or mix that is closer to reefer grey? Any help apprciated gang. Peace :)

Yea, jint is a legend, and indeed the man nice enough to be supplying me with the lid to paint up. Just thought id throw it out there for a few options. Thanks for the reply raf, hope youre well bud :)

Yea, jint is a legend, and indeed the man nice enough to be supplying me with the lid to paint up. Just thought id throw it out there for a few options. Thanks for the reply raf, hope youre well bud :)

Thanks, I'm OK! I'm working on something big (I think), you will see it soon.

Awesome buddy, looking forward to it. Your great templates were what inspired me to get started on this new ESB Hero lid, and learn from my last one to hopefully make it killer! :)

Awesome buddy, looking forward to it. Your great templates were what inspired me to get started on this new ESB Hero lid, and learn from my last one to hopefully make it killer! :)

I'm glad to hear this! Can't wait to see your new ESB paint job.

Actually guys, all sorted - was just a case of me misreading Garrets updated list - must be the old age setting in ;-). Humbrol 106 was the color I was looking for. Will get a progress thread going down the track. Cheers gang :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back