And so it begins.... Big fettpride box arrives today!

jmorrone

Active Hunter
August 2nd 2011

Big fettpride box arrives today.

I am going to be starting on this momentarily, however I wanted to take the time and write an email regarding fettpride (Chris) and his products.

This is not for the faint of heart so don't read any further if you don't like long posts.

So just after Celebration V here in Orlando I signed up here at the dented helmet. I sat back for almost a year and just read. Is this project going to be feasible for me to complete on my own as a hobby, what was it going to cost, etc...

I decided I was finally going to make this happen. So in digging around I gathered names of all of the people I wanted to make purchases from and set off.

Now one of my biggest decisions to make of course was the helmet and armor. I mean that’s what makes Boba Fett, Boba Fett, right?

Though my perusing of these forums, I came across this guy named fettpride. I instantly, loved his work from what I saw here in completed pictures, and I was leaning very, very strongly towards purchasing from him. So I save my pennies, and call in my IOU's, finally ready to make my purchase.

What happens? Dum dum dum dum......

Day I'm about to make my purchase, I start stumbling across a bunch of posts about fettpride. NEGATIVE POSTS. Everything from he is ripping off forum members, to not seeing any products for a year. So I'm thinking red light, red light stop the presses.

I wait a little bit and see Chris post to these forums, and maybe unlike some, I read every word of his posts. :) Why? Because I'm about to drop close to a grand on helmet, armor, gauntlets. After reading everything I decided to email Chris directly and ask him a few questions.

I won’t go into everything I asked, but Chris was very responsive to my PM's as well as told me expected timeframes upfront. So I said after talking with some other members that own his stuff. "Let's go for it."

Now I ordered a GMH from him, gauntlets, and full set of armor.

I'm here to now say Chris not only met, but exceeded my expectations on everything. My box arrived today well within the stated timeframe. Chris provided me in advance a tracking number, as well as expected arrival date. Guess what arrived a day early.

Every piece that I pulled out of the box is perfect. I am extremely happy with my purchase. So I'm writing all of this why?

Can't I just post "I got my armor, look at me. Yay!"

Well I could post that, but too many times people only post a review on something when it is a negative experience, and when it is a positive experience they get lazy and the review gets lost by the wayside because they aren't acting on that strong emotion.

Anyway in closing I just want to say "Thank you" to Chris "fettpride" I am you new #1 fan.

To anyone that is looking for some great products Chris is top notch.

Oh if you got this far. Thanks for reading too.

Lastly, if someone can point me in the right direction for trimming this armor, especially the gauntlets (I'm so afraid I’m going to cut the wrong area) please send the link or directions my way.

~James

IMG_1771.JPG

Well as far as trimming the armor it shouldnt be to thick looking like 1/8 inch looking thick use the gallery its your friend for everything bud...good luck

When I got my F.P. armor I was a little fearful of stuffing it to! It really is a great set! :D

When I trimmed mine, I studied lots of pic's to see how thick the armor is, and trying to relate it back to F.P's.
I didn't want to trim to much off and end up a very sad person, so I decided to go slow ( I felt impatient because I wanted to see it done, which is hard to push back sometimes, but it had to be done:lol: ). Anyway, I decided the easiest way was to use a guide for trimming, so I wouldn't cut off too much.
The best thing I found was electrical tape, though masking tape would work just as well. The tape has a nice stretch to it when held taught, and conforms well to curves. I rain the tape around the upper edge of the piece I wanted to trim, leaving the part that was going to be trimmed exposed. Using the tape made it easier for me to keep a consistent thickness around the edges, as it was easy to pull up and readjust, unlike trying to draw in a line with pencil of just doing it my eye ( always a bad idea ).
I then cut away the excess with my trusty Dremel, using a cutting wheel, at a medium speed ( wearing eye protection of course, must protect those eyes form flying hot bits of plastic! ).
I kept at a slow pace, so not to rush to much, its way too easy to cut too much off. Once I was happy it was all at the right level, I sanded the edges smooth, taking care of any areas that weren't quite even.
And before I knew it I had some very cool ( and well made "Thanks Chris" ) armor. (y)

Anyway good luck in the trimming and clean up, I hope my input is helpful.

I left my front armor plates looking a little thicker because I'm thicker (i.e. fat). But when I'm ready for a repaint of my armor I will be trimming down too. Don't be afraid. Good luck!!!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back