Hairdryer? Who knew?

Michigan Jaster

Active Hunter
I just wrapped up my new shoe armor made form Sintra for my Jango costume. I discovered that I had accidentally warped it while painting it and had to think fast so I could paiint it without ruining the snaps and elastic. I was in the bathroom, looked over and grabbed the hairdryer. Who knew that a hairdryer could get hot enough to make the sintra pliable again? It worked wonders and now I have new replacement shoe armor because I marched my old shoe armor off at the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Detroit. So remember kids, a hairdryer isn't only for your hair anymore, it's a piece that belongs in the workshop!

I knew I knew!!! I used it on my first back plate made from sintra cause it was too big to get in a pot of boiling water. I have also used it on my ABS armor as well to help shape it instead of a heat gun.

ok this have nothing with prop
but i use the hairdryer in winter
to dry jeans :eek:, yes sound funny but its tru
when i want to wear a jean and still wet
grab you HD and put in one of the legs, close
all the holes and start, its amazing the fast you can
dry a couple of jeans ;)

pd: sorry for this :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,

you wont believe it but i used the hairdryer to

dry my Hair :))
Yes, i used it to dry my Hair - Lol -
AND IT WORKED!!!! YEEEAAA

Unbelievable

Greetings

Mike
P.S. Sry, i know what you mean and its realy a usefully tool ;-).
don´t get it wrong, i realy love you all.

I never used the boiling water to bend my sintra because I dont have any pots big enough to hold what I have. Plus I have two little ones that are very snoopy and I don't want them getting hurt by the boiling water. I used a heat gun which works great. LisaFett told us a while back about using heat guns is very dangerous because it releases a hydrochloric acid fume from the sintra.:eek:
So....I take my sintra outside the house and hit them with the heat gun. I always wondered about a hair dryer but never used it on sintra. I don't know if one will be that hot enough to release any fumes....but in an emergency situation it looks to be the perfect item to have. I guess it would be wise to take it outside instead of inside like the bathroom just to be safe from fumes.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back