ESB Armor Paint Up for Vegan Mando

deadland

Well-Known Hunter
First i want to say thank you to Bryan (Vegan Mando) for letting me be a big part of his ESB costume that he will be wearing to SDCC this year as i can't wait to see what the finished product looks like all put together!!!

So for his armor did all the normal stuff trim, sand, primer, silver coat, and then masked out the silver damage. After that for the chest, cod back, and kidney armor I laid down a base green color as i did not want to waist what little I had of my US Med green and wanted to make every bit of it count. For the shoulders and knees I hit them with a good coat of up armor yellow. What amazes me every time when doing a paint up is how the colors change with application of each additional color and a little buffing to blend them. So after laying down the base colors I began to build on that and at my current stag I still need to add the yellow scratches to the armor and add the decals on. My goal is to have this shipped to Vegan by Thursday of this week.

I also want to thank FettSeven again for lending me his airbrush this past week since mine took a major dump, it's nice to have local members that live so close that can help out in a pinch.

Any way on to the pics!!!

DSCN4297.JPGDSCN4298.JPGDSCN4305.JPGDSCN4309.JPGDSCN4308.JPGDSCN4301.JPGDSCN4302.JPG

Thanks for the compliments guys I just hope I did this FP armor some justice. Well last night i got some more work done by adding all the Yellow section to the armor as well as placing the decals. I have to do a few things to the left shoulder and then with a thumbs up from Vegan it will be time to seal it all up.

DSCN4311.JPGDSCN4314.JPGDSCN4312.JPGDSCN4316.JPGDSCN4317.JPGDSCN4319.JPGDSCN4320.JPG

Thanks for the compliments guys I just hope I did this FP armor some justice. Well last night i got some more work done by adding all the Yellow section to the armor as well as placing the decals. I have to do a few things to the left shoulder and then with a thumbs up from Vegan it will be time to seal it all up.

View attachment 54384View attachment 54386View attachment 54385View attachment 54387View attachment 54388View attachment 54389View attachment 54390

Very good job, looks great! Shoulders and knees you used yellow as a base and then what? You were going to brown or grounded.
I have to paint mine and I'm still exploring ways.

Yeah I was not sure how it was going to turn out at first but once I hit it with the steel wool it began to blend nicely.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back