Fett Test Fit.. Opinions? *Updated 10-2-11*

WTFett

Active Hunter
With gloves and MOW boots it will be complete (for now..), but tried test fitting everything last night. I need to:
-dirty the flak vest to better match the flightsuit
-tighten the elastic on the knees, add thong
-mist the cod and backplate to tone down the green
-install armor studs/cape
Anything else?

DSCN2084.jpg

DSCN2085.jpg

DSCN2086.jpg

DSCN2087.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks fantastic bro, love the weathering on the jumpsuit. Once the weathering is completed on the Flak it will look even better.

You've already pointed out the main things to do above. What about your Toe-Spikes?

there seems like an awful lot of space between the neck plate and the chest pieces.

there seems like an awful lot of space between the neck plate and the chest pieces.

Lookin' good... the only thing I would suggest is the same thing and tighten up the armor a bit. Space it a bit more together. How have you fastened it on? Velcro? Bolts?

Toe spikes will be put on the MOW boots when they come in. I bought the vest from a member off here and everything is affixed with snaps. Not sure how much I can tighten the pieces up and make sure the holes are still covered. Maybe the vest needs to be shorter and the armor all moved up more?

I don't know if it's just the lighting, but the boots look kinda clean to me. Mind you, I'm an ESB guy, and we do things a lot darker and dirtier, I think. While you're tightening up the knee elastics, looks like they could use a little extra dirt, too.

Yeh the center of the boot should be almost black...and they do look clean because of that

These were boots I got that are too small so I didn't do anything to them. When I get the MOWs I will weather them up right. And yes the knee elastics need to be grimier, will do the same to the thong when that goes on. Thanks for the comments :)

Any ideas on the chest armor? I thought about moving the collar down, but then I don't want too much vest showing at the top under my neck..

sooo....what size are those boots, and do you have anything planned for them?

any critique that I have has already been said. Overall that is a good looking Fett.

IMO: The vest itself looks too long. By raising up all the armor closer to the collar and then having the vest taken in so that you have about an half inch at the bottom of the vest showing at the most.
I also would like to know why the choice in the knee armor color.....looks much, much darker (and orange) than the shoulder bells.
Other than that, I'd say you've got a great set up there.

Boba's vest is short... probably around the belly button on most people. Shorten up the vest and push the armor up and that should fix those issues.

It also seems like the armor is too shiny. You may want to hit it with some Testor's Dullcote to kill the shine.

Overall it's looking really good!

I'll see if I can shorten the vest and re-install the armor without the snap holes showing. Worst case I just have to order a new vest. I guess in the reference pictures/build threads I was using the knees looked more orange than the shoulders but I could mist some yellow and black on them to bring them up, no biggie. Is the dullcote a testor's only product? I have a satin clear that I used on some other pieces if that would work. Thanks for the feedback!

Haha, yeah it's a good bucket :) I ordered a new vest from LFSU so when that comes I'll weather it and mount the armor better. Haven't decided if I will stick with snaps or go with the grommet/bolt method.

Excellent weathering on the jumpsuit! It looks awfully loose on you, though. Maybe it's a little too big...?

You still need to add the tube going up the left arm, right? It may just be the photos, but your tubing looks gold.

Not sure which version has the gauntlet missile hose but the ROTJ caps I used didn't have it attached. Jumpsuit could be tailored and will be in the future, but for now it'll have to do :) Should have updated pics (knees, boots and chest armor) this weekend.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back