left ESB gauntlet balance?

TK1776

Active Hunter
Greetings Fetts,

Here's another gauntlet question for you. The flamethrower on my ESB left gauntlet is a lttle heavy and makes the gauntlet left side heavy. Does anyone put anything inside the right side of the gauntlet to balace it better? I thought about pounding some lead fishing weights flat and hot gluing them on the right side on the inside. What does everyone think? :D Thanks!

John Barrows, Jr.
TK-1776

I've seen the foam inserts which work well,or snaps on the gauntlet and jumpsuit.

Mine is weighing in at around five pounds.Aluminum flamethrower,aluminum rocket and I lined the inside with 2" aluminum flatbar for strength........I'll have Popeye forearms just holding it up. :lol:

My old RA flamethrower was heavy and would rotate on me. I just stuff some foam in the top so it would force the bottom up and fit snug.

I got some "weather strip" from my local hardware store. It's a foam strip with adhesive on it that you use to stop drafts coming in doors etc.

Just stuck it into the inside of the gauntlets :)

Yeah, I used that black weather stripping too, but they didn't have the kind that stuck, so I used hot glue. The left one is quite left heavy though. I'm sure I'll figure something out. If all of you are trooping without a problem, I'm sure I can too. It's just that I have very thin forearms. :(

John Barrows, Jr.
TK-1776

I made my own flamethrower too, but it seems from my test wearing, that with the foam it doesn't roll too bad. I also trimmed mine down and made them fit very tightly before I added the foam.

Also, on my right gauntlet, on the side launcher, I added aluminum panels to it, instead of white stickers or paint. This made it heavier too, but the foam works good for it as well.

What I have done now to make the left gauntlet not roll, is I put foam weather stripping material on the top and bottom of the inside of my gauntlet. It now hold rather snuggly and I don't think I will have any further difficulty. Thanks for all of your comments and help. :D

John Barrows, Jr.
TK-1776

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back