Aluminum Armor Pre-Production Boba Fett

metalfett

New Hunter
This suit has taken me a while to actually complete (still about 10% incomplete), but nonetheless I'm loving the look of it. I used the pre-production promotional shot of Boba fett to mirror this suit off of. The suit is a bit darker than the ESB or ROTJ version as well as the under vest. The armor is actually about 1/4 inch machined aluminum plates (both shoulder bells, left and right chest, middle diamond, neck (back and code are heavy sintra) and abdomen, which wear very heavy but I haven't seen anything as accurate. In addition, in the first pic, the shoulder armor was taken out and shot with black powder to replicate the powder burns on his armor. All decals on helmet, armor, jetpack, shoulders, etc are all hand-painted to add to the authenticity of the suit. My friend actually punched the plate and hurt his hand. It was pretty funny. The helmet is the Mystery helmet painted in the ESB scheme (my fav scheme), however the gauntlets are the red-wine colored ROTJ gauntlets (made of reinforced resin), complete with tubes, etc. The helmet includes the circuit board in the vent holes from behind as well. I'm still waiting on my accurate blaster (found a gunsmith in Tucson that built me a pre-production replica for about 350 bucks. The stock is dark stained oak and is as heavy as a real blaster would be). I also need the wookie braids and the harness for the fiberglass cast jetpack. The boots still need the "bracket" to affix the toe-spikes to and those are in the mail. Anyway, just thought I would post my progress on here. This has proven to be quite a fun project and still amazes me that even after 30 years, the characters in this movie are still better than any today... :)
YouTube - ‪MAH00030‬‏

here's a video and then pics - DSC00021.JPGDSC00018.JPGDSC00028.JPGDSC00025.jpgDSC00022.jpgDSC00019.jpgDSC00026.jpgDSC00023.JPGDSC00020.jpgDSC00027.jpgDSC00024.jpgDSC01076.JPGDSC01082.JPGDSC01083.JPGDSC01084.JPGDSC01081.JPG DSC00029.JPG
DSC00001.JPG

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00018.JPG

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00021.JPG

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.JPG

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00028.JPG

DSC01076.JPG

DSC01082.JPG

DSC01083.JPG

DSC01084.JPG

DSC01081.JPG

DSC00029.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool looking suit! I want to know more about the shotgun blaster :D

Just so you both are aware...the Code of Conduct prohibits the discussion of functional weapons
"FUNCTIONAL WEAPONS

The discussion of functional weapons is prohibited. This includes working flamethrowers, wrist rockets, knee darts, rifles, sidearms, etc. Such items are extremely dangerous and this site does not endorse or promote the inclusion of such items on a replica costume. "Smoking" rocket packs are not considered a weapon and are not prohibited from being discussed."

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back