My Captain Rex

I'm trooping this Saturday to support the Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal. I wasn't planning on taking the jetpack but I will and will get some photos taken of how the jetpack sits with the pauldron - which is also a GF pauldron.

Here's an image of the hook attachment:
Jetpackconnectors.jpg

Jetpack.jpg

As you can see, the paint cracked but as it only occured on the inside, which is never seen; I didn't worry about it.

As you can see the pack is a BFUK - the mods I did for the pack (it was originally a Boba pack) prompted Rob (BFUK) to make his arena packs. As my pauldron is an Ep3 pauldron it's not as long in the rear as the animated version, so there is likely to be some differences.

Nice. Thank you for responding so quickly! I like the hook attachment. It's got me thinking :)

Good luck with the troop this weekend!

Love it. I'm hoping to see Fox this season so I can make a realistic version of him. If not, it'll have to be non-canon, cuz I gotta do it.

How did you build that phase 2 Rex? That this is awesome. It almost makes me want to stop my boba and start the PH2 Rex. It will definitely be my next build.

How did you build that phase 2 Rex? That this is awesome. It almost makes me want to stop my boba and start the PH2 Rex. It will definitely be my next build.

Thanks, nice of you to say.

Most of the armour is bozotheclone movie clone armour. Most people use animated but I wanted my Rex to look real. To that I added Steelblitz parts - belt and straps and holsters. The pauldron was from General Fidelis from Ct.net and is easily the nicest pauldron I've yet seen, comes pre painted and he really went to town on it. Added to that is a real MP40 leather pouch - my rom/fx voice amp sits in that with the speaker behind my chestplate and the sound effects buttons run down my sleeves to my fingers. The kama I made from black pleather with some iron on blue hemming material to edge it correctly. The pistols I made myself, along with the rifles.
The helmet is from Skip here in the UK, and I modded the visor using P38 - bondo for my American readers. The range-finder array is one of bobamakers - it fits to where I flattened the ear cap, with a couple of small tabs to stop it from moving too far to the front or back. The helmet has the seam line where Rex added his phase 1 visor to it, cut in using a dremel - slightly nerve wrecking!
The jetpack is a Fett jetpack from BFUK that I modded extensively, when Rob saw what I had done to it, he set about making his own version to sell.
The whole thing is finished off with a internal back plate mounted speaker, transmitter and mp3 player that not only allows me to play the 2hr long clone trooper radio chatter I created, on a loop, but also to transmit it to any nearby clone trooper with a radio inside their armour!

That is awesome. I recently was at an event with GF so next time I see him ill ask him about starting a Rex, since he did one already.

Been a fair while since I updaed this thread - been a busy little Captain!

Rex has had an overhaul ready for Celebration Europe in a couple of weeks. This has included a set of Season 4 Umbara arc helmet macros

RexshelmetwithMacros_zps034a7275.jpg

A clone trooper backpack - comes with added sound in the form of several hidden speakers and an mp3 player - the pack fits into the same slots as the jetpack.
936965_10151620533454134_1104896725_n_zpsd57c62fc.jpg

repainted jetpack to match the one seen in season 5
479132_10151616520189134_2056176288_o_zps8ddc9df5.jpg

And some reapplied weathering. The end result is far better in my opinion - although when wearing the helmet macros I have less then 40% of the vision I have without them, so will only wear them at CE when I am sure of my surroundings...

963299_511068718952919_163272514_o_zps1fbeb7e3.jpg

AlaspoorRoger_zps018819ba.jpg

963312_511068678952923_1585250891_o_zps60a5bb08.jpg

Lmao! Something like that!

Actually with a few more possible appearances of Rex in the upcoming extra content there's a chance that he will have more kit I just HAVE to make!

And from Celebration Europe 2:

Phase 2 Rex with Umbara arc helmet macros

CaptainRexatCelebrationEurope2_zpsd370369a.jpg

9409935570_a8ac703047_zpsf6d93aeb.jpg

Captain Rex with Commander Wolffe and Corporal Comet
facebook_-1013193186_zps579a29a6.jpg

DSCF7226_zps5a45b5c0.jpg

And the clone trooper - Dave Filoni photoshoot
facebook_-948852552_zpsaf3244da.jpg

[
IMAG1047_zps39d130eb.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back