Scratch build budget ROTJ(Kinda) Helmet

darthvince

New Hunter
Ok so I am pretty new to TDH, I have been lurking around many, many, many of the community's awesome forum posts, and this is the fruit of my labors so far. This is my scratch built helmet I have started using WOF's AWESOME templates and Antman's tutorial. I used thick matte board for the main structure and smoothed out the dome with some spackling paste. I know the paint job is far from movie accurate, this is my first (of hopefully many) helmets and just wanted to get a feel for the process, also the reason the right ear it basically gone. It was hours of frustration and I feared that if I continued to attempt the ears i would probably punt my helmet out the window. lol So I opted for a much less complex design. I am happy with the look for now especially since ! only paid a total of about $40 bucks for the whole deal...so far. Just wanted to see what you guys think, but remember this is my first real venture in the costume making realm (so be gentle lol)

IMG_20110529_160152.jpg

IMG_20110529_160128.jpg

IMG_20110529_160059.jpg

IMG_20110505_180939.jpg

IMG_20110501_142147.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back