SUPER TROOPER WIP!

Thanks Fett- Thanks man! Also, in most of the pics I have the borden is not metal..its white. I may just leave it white and do the silver bits on the ear?
Thnx

Finally located the "meet boba fett" video on SW.com. The borden and right ear bits are indeed metal : ). Im still going w/ a red and blue arrow as in one of my good ref pics it appears just as the ROTJ does..im not saying its 100% accurate but thats how it appears to me at this point. just layed the black down on the RF and will hit w/ one more light coat tomorrow.
B

Hey all- Got the metal bits done w/ R n B and will post pics soon! Any thoughts on clear coat or laquer to seal? At this point im afraid to lose any gloss that I was able to achieve. Is it necessary to coat the pro gloss?
Thanks

I would not worry about any type of sealer or lacquer, I suppose you could if you want but I have never had to with any of the TB/TK buckets I have painted with this stuff, so that is about two years now.

Alright guys..after installing the visor and not being 150% happy w/ the gloss finish, well, I decided to uninstall, resand (dont laugh deadland and Fett7), and recoat. Yep approximatley 35 "re-coats" : ). FINALLY im happy, well about 140% anyway but whos counting? Here are some pics..if you look closely you can actually see my reflection.

FinalGloss2-1.jpg

FinalGloss4-1.jpg

FinalGloss3-1.jpg

FinalGloss1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
SWEET! You did a GREAT JOB with the RnB detailing. Can't wait to see it with the visor. CONGRATS!

BTW - Great stand, where did you get it???

Last edited by a moderator:
Well ur gonna wanna kick me but...the upper ear on the right ear should be RnB too...so get back to work...not the base but if u look at the pic in ur first post u can see what I mean

SWEET! You did a GREAT JOB with the RnB detailing. Can't wait to see it with the visor. CONGRATS!

BTW - Great stand, where did you get it???
Hey Obro- Thanks man...ya the r&b was tedious. I got the stands from woodchuck. Chucko sent me the link on my ROTJ fett thread.
B

Well ur gonna wanna kick me but...the upper ear on the right ear should be RnB too...so get back to work...not the base but if u look at the pic in ur first post u can see what I mean
Hey Fett-LOL... The ear cap isnt attached yet as its already completed as well. Ive studied the video reference a dozen times and the only parts on the rt ear that are metal are the bottom as you see in the pic, and the detachable part just the bottom of it.Similar to the esb fett I guess. Thanks man!
B

Right the part on the side of the top of the right ear that is NORMALLY detachable is metal but its part of the budget you have...i dont really wanna photoshop a pic to show u but I will if i need to...look closely at the pic...the part of the bottom ear u RnB'd above it that whole piece is left metal as well, just tape off around it and RnB that part
Boba-Fett-Supertrooper-Helmet-021.jpg

Hey Fett..I think I see..at the top (tip) of the removeable piece? Could that just be lighting? In the vieo its not like that. If its not too much of a pain in the butt could u just mark the area?
Thanks
B

but looking at the NON dented one I have a picture of on my wall it DOES NOT have that part bare metal...but IMHO this dented version that part IS bare metal

Hey Fett..I think I see..at the top (tip) of the removeable piece? Could that just be lighting? In the vieo its not like that. If its not too much of a pain in the butt could u just mark the area?
Thanks
B

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back