New idea for chest lights *UPDATE 5/4*

Yes, I didn't know which I liked better, so I just tried them both.

Jango_Fett_Jr wrote:

Great tutorial!

The transparencies have two rows on characters on them. Did you just include them both for us to choose, or what? From your video it looks like you just used one?

Thanks for the awesome tutorial, I'm going to go start mine right away!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Chris, is there any way we could get the template in a JPG or GIF form? I don't have Illustrator or any program with which to open those files. Oh...awesome idea by the way. Very creative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you have contacted me and don't have access to a laser printer. PM me with your address and I'll just mail you a set of chest display transparencies - no charge. Just line them up and glue together. .... only for those without a printer please... :)
- Chris

You really are amazing, Chris. You come up with the coolest ideas. I have to admit, I have a set of Shackman's lights and it doesn't get any better than that, but your idea seems to be another option to consider for fellow members of TDH. Thanks again for finding more ways to help the Fett community! :D You rock, TK-409!

John Barrows, Jr.
TK-1776

FYI.

I went to Wally world and bought the Bell light that Chris has, but appearantly it is a little different and doesn't have the same lighting effects his has. This one has like 4 settings: steady, fast pulse, slow pulse, and even slower pulse. The movie of Chris' looks like his model will alternate in or out.

Chris, can you look at yours and see if it has a model number or something on it, and if so what that number is?

Thanks,

I swear mine looks exctly like this one.
p914572reg.jpg

But the ad on the site says it offers a "chase" pattern. The one from Wal-mart does not, or I got a bum one :(

I might just go ahead and order one from here and let my son have the other one for his bike.

Hey, I did have an idea for making this thing thinner. You could get one of those little 1.5v battery holders from RS and seperate the power supply from it. Just an idea...

I saw this on Chris' homepage and ran out to get one of these light sets at Wal-Mart. Be careful. There are 2 models that look almost the same. There is this one and there is also one that has 3 modes of flashing lights. It only has 4 LED's on it. I did not realize this until I got home and opened the package. I then had to go back another day and get the one with 5 LEDS and the 6 light settings.

I've tried this out (thanks for the info!) and it works GREAT!! I had some vellum paper around (transparent/but slighty cloudy paper) and used that instead of the transparency and it worked like a charm. I managed to get the same bike lights from Walmart here in Canada for just under $7.00 along with a bit of green plastic from an old visor and good to go! It shows up well in daylight. I couldn't be happier!

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back