Stormtrooper Helmet Interiors

Stormrider

Well-Known Hunter
I have begun my helmet interiors for TK (Stormtrooper helmets). I am very happy with the progress so far. I have the ventilator, left and right control modules, and most of the mouth components done. I am working with what I think is a TE2 helmet. Or at least, a helmet that was based or copied from the TE2 helmets. I will post pics of the helmet, and my rough components as I move forward this week and weekend. I hope to have the padding pieces for the top, and the full fronts done this weekend.

I will post pictures of the helmet. Im curious to find out how much room some of you have in your helmets. I am unsure of how much 'space' to fill with my padding. Both how hight the helmet fits on your face, and how much room you have earc to ear (wobble) and forehead to rear (nod).

As always, I will be looking for someone that takes their stormtrooper helmet serious to help me test and review my pieces before I make them available for purchase.

A large chunk of the work on my new site is done, and I will be showing off most of the progress there. I will post small pics here, and links to the gallery/tutorial threads as applicable.

I hope theres at least one of you as excited about this as I am.

On a side note, I received a biker scout costume and am hoping to re-visit the interior for that as well. If anyone has some info on the most popular size/shape biker scout helmet, that would help. I believe I had a MLC for a while, but it was thick, not sure if that is the standard, or if the standard is a vac formed helmet.

Thanks,
m2

AWESOME!! Count me as interested. I have on order, one of the 1st "RS Propmasters" version of the ANH bucket from the original mold. I'm curious if this will fit it? Would love to see some pics when you have them!!

Last night I pulled the first full foam pieces. If anyone owns one of my kits, they now the foam is like a nerf football. Very light. But durable.

This is the front detaild pieces for the re-breather and rear circulation. The pics arent the greatest, its VERY hard to take a picture of this. I sculpted the eye and intake pieces last night, and put the padding for the rear in silicone, so Ie xpect these to be ready by weeks end.

This is the most detailed piece I have done yet. Please forgive the pics.

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

h4.jpg

More sculpting, eye gaskets / lense holders (not sure how they will work for other helmets, but I love them in this one:) and some liner prelim work.

Time to remove the hardened sculpts and then sand/ bondo to make them perfect. Time to start the pad blocks!
lense.jpg

Looking good. Very nice detail, and I like how it fits in the helmet. Are you using the visual dictionary for reference on these? Keep up the good work.

I am sort of using the visual dictionary. I am using it for the rough layout, but your face wouldnt fit into the visual dictionary stuff, just like the riddell fett stuff. I actually have two types of side regulators, one that looks realistic, and one thats more true to the dictionary pics.

It looks a LOT better in person, untl can cut one in half and take pics, its almost impossible for me to show people how good they actually look.

Ill likely give a set or two away at some pont to drum up interest.

m2

Yeah the visual dictionary one is pretty loaded up and thick. I really like what you have done with this. If it looks a lot better in person then I think we will be blown away. Good work.

Thanks m8, much appreciated. It looks better than my fett interiors do. Right now, I am doing the interior sculpts for the padding and front plates, that will get taken out and sanded/bondoed, then molded. All in all the helmet will be pretty full, and hopefully look machined.

The padding is always the hardest part. Im thinking I am going to redo my fett interiors: front forehead piece after this, to make it fit better. Thats the one piece Ive never been happy with. Some of the things I have learned on this project, make me believe I can really change the look of it.

I will get out my good camera this weekend and try to get some real shots of the interiors. Maybe a video of me putting one together.

Thanks for the interest. if people arent interested, I find something else to do:)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back