Fett 4 Real's PP1

Fett 4 Real

Sr Hunter
So I had this helmet chillin here with no dent was going to be for a custom Mando Protector, and Ive been wanting to do some paint work as Ive been bored. Figure hey everyones doing pp2 may as well do PP1 always loved the first eyes helmet way cooler than the second ears version. So I stripped the helmet fixed a crack that had occured before I got it, and went to work...got ahold of Asok for one of his metal RF stalks and an RF, had a Mojo Borden connector figured what the hey lets throw that on there the borden on there was really "dull" so I swapped that out too...also got a new shade 5 visor and put it in there as well....not completely set with the visor its kinda not fitting how Id like it but its no FP helmet dang resin

How it was B4 the stripping
5830429438_850f8d5d22_b.png

5829879339_0826cc2dc2_b.png

The Evil Crack....
5829876161_5f6cd74188_b.png

All fixed and the scratch and nicks added to the visor....
5830425092_e360a5fd6d_b.png

Mojos Borden its NICE
5829881495_7703d9cd15_b.jpg

5829875523_12641e8d9d_b.png

The RF and stalk I was working with :/
5830430598_31c0fdb845_b.jpg

Aosks Stuff came in 3 days after I paid him!
5830425746_5d7d620732_b.png

5830431038_8b607763b0_b.jpg

Heres where I started the rear panels
5829879833_f93250fd6b_b.png

Then onto the cheeks....
5829877943_0d0cf4b49e_b.png

After the cheeks came the dome...had to do this TWICE :/ The paint got screwed up and didnt stick to the silver :(
came out good after the second try...
5830426846_020e8365c7_b.png

Then came time for the "EYES" and yeh took a good hour to get em on there with a brush by hand with the one pic there is its hard to tell I found Rafals stencils after and they may have helped a little but going by the left over paint marks on the PP1 V2 u can see where they were so it wasnt a HUGE PITA just a small one

5829874575_e784dc8eec_b.png

After that I got to work on the mandibles and the ears were done in between everything as theyre very simple grey one one and metal on the other

5830410824_cb5d845684_b.jpg

5830410242_f410dd65c9_b.jpg

5829863071_c7c2a5bd12_b.jpg
5829863707_72de2389f2_b.jpg

And there you have it a PP1 V1 done in just 8 days (most of the pics except the last 4 were taken with my milspec phone) was sending em to my good buddy TX Fett he got the WIP so excuse the poor quality of the first 3/4 of the threads pictures...I think it turned out well...this is just the begining of a PP1 suit I think :) Im excited to start it the keyslots are kinda the only part of the pp1 you cannot see ANYWHERE! So I followed what Rafal went with in his thread and went with it...they make sense with the damage on the rest of the helmet so Im happy with it....I have the MQ1 about to go in just noticed it wasnt in there....thanks for looking and look forward to more helmet paint threads here soon I hope :)

Much practice grasshopper, if all goes according to plan I may end up doing the rest of the Fett in 7 days when Im back from Korea on leave

Nice work Dom I love the PP1 one of my favorites I hope to do one some day down the road and hopefully it will look as good as yours and I know I wont get it painted in 8 days!!!

More PP1 love! I like seeing all the pre-pros on TDH lately.

Where are you stationed in Korea? I was at Kunsan from Jun 08-Jun 09.

What an amazing helmet. And done in just 8 days? So sick!

As I said in the PP1 stencil thread, all the non visible areas are made by replicating PP3 scratches, as we know the PP1, PP3 and ESB were made the same way, almost the same colors, but not the same person (the PP1 was painted by Joe Johnston and the other two by one of his apprentice (?)). And you (whoever you are) decide how you paint your helmet...

What an amazing helmet. And done in just 8 days? So sick!

As I said in the PP1 stencil thread, all the non visible areas are made by replicating PP3 scratches, as we know the PP1, PP3 and ESB were made the same way, almost the same colors, but not the same person (the PP1 was painted by Joe Johnston and the other two by one of his apprentice (?)). And you (whoever you are) decide how you paint your helmet...
Yeh thanks Rafal...now ur making me think the rear green should be different or at least closer to the PP3

The Visors bothering the **** out of me looking at it, i think ima try and move it a little to get less pinch and it looks crooked to me :/ hope i dont need another new one

Last edited by a moderator:
The Visors bothering the **** out of me looking at it, i think ima try and move it a little to get less pinch and it looks crooked to me :/ hope i dont need another new one

Can you shim the visor?... depending on how much thickness you need you could add some electrical tape to the edges. The tape wouldn't be seen. This wouldn't work if you need to puch the visor apart more than a couple of centimeters.

Can you shim the visor?... depending on how much thickness you need you could add some electrical tape to the edges. The tape wouldn't be seen. This wouldn't work if you need to puch the visor apart more than a couple of centimeters.
the shape of the actual mandibles is screwing up the flushness of the visor and the mandible area and the mandibles need to be spread apart a little more Ill work on it later today when i get home

WHat did you use as your reference of the actual "eyes" on the helemt? Was that a stencil or free hand? Looks sweet man....

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back