My GMH # 30

Sixxgunn13

Well-Known Hunter
Hey Peeps,
I got my GMH helmet, and wow I love it.
Though I didn't realize the size difference would be so much compared to my FPH.

I don't know when I'll start on it.. due to expecting a Baby this month. but to speed things up i "shopped" a photo to give me an idea on how it may look on me.
gmhvsfpha.jpg

And here is my FPH#26 with my GMH #30
sidebysidea.jpg

Hey, I always wondered who it was in that photo! You have the BEST ESB outfit I've seen yet hands down. I love it!

I was also surprised at the size! A fair bit smaller than I reckoned it would be.

Hey Guys thx for the positive comments and with the addition of the GMH it is one step closer to the point where I can totally be happy with it.

Hey Fett4Real, is it smaller then the Sgt. Fang, can you post pics?

I want to again thank Chris and Art, for enabling members to get a helmet that is closet to original.. that most of us will ever get.

Hey man, that means a lot.. I'm actually flattered a few of you like my suit.But I couldn't have done it without the current and previous members trials and errors. and the explosion of discoveries on parts used on the actual costume prop. Making it easy to have an accurate suit.Again thx!
It's the best Fett I've seen yet. Definitely my favorite.:)

Nice ESB , I see youve gone the cloud city style shoulder studs ,
are you going to try give the GMH a bit more flair, as it seems to have on cloud city?

Hey BGH,
I was thinking about that too... I'm not sure how to achieve the flair correctly, would you have any suggestions? I was planing to slightly heat the helmet a bit and making the T-visor flair out a bit near the bottom.
Nice ESB , I see youve gone the cloud city style shoulder studs ,
are you going to try give the GMH a bit more flair, as it seems to have on cloud city?

First b4 any one says it yes they are all the same but at certin points , like cloud city there is definently more flair,
The flair on cloud city is most likely caused by the chin strap being tyed up tightly , the ESB helmet is of a different construction than the other helmets ,
for one the used mesh fiberglass mating , as apposed to chopped weave mating which the others all have, and it was layedcalot thinner than the other helmets so it would be more flexible , Hence probley why it has all the stress fractures all over it , any way my point being is that the chin strap being tighted would be enough to cause the flair ,
if you wanted to try and achieve this look you could heat it mostly around the brow line and push the back in a bit, and best bet is to do it b4 cutting the T section out ,
you only want a slightly flair as it is deceptive ,

As for Rafal its the back you wanty to push in if you see the shots were Fett is talking to Vader you can see tha back is pushed in and the front is quite peaked

These are just my thoughts Im not stating them as fact

I think the t visor area being wider at the bottom helped with it flaring guys...its not like the ROTJ its definitely wider at the bottom
watermark.php

Also taking the pictures around the chin (in height) makes the helmet looks wider. Do I explain? Pic explains it better...

Sin título.png

Try it see what happens ,You need a head in the helmet for this to happen but it will flair, because the chinstraps are bolted in at the top of the ears at brow line when there pulled tight and down the will bow out , if the chin strap was atached to the lower ear bolt as aposed to the higher one then it would pull in , , if that make sense
It not lense distortion not when he is on cloud city
and the bottom of the t visor is further appart from the helmet pulling out as the visor was not glued in to place there would be some play to the T gap
Boba-Fett-Empire-Strikes-Back-Helmet-01.jpgBoba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-Hallway-04 (2).jpg
There is no way this is due to lense distortion , Yes in some cases it is but it cant apply to the cloud city sence

How ever unless you were there its all speculation , as I said these are my thoughts not fact

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back