History of the boot

BGH, I will respectfully disagree. :) B&N were the suppliers of the boots, but they most certainly didn't make them. The question remains though, did they have them made, or grab off the shelf parts?

Again, I'm not saying that the boot is a found item... I'm just saying that it's still up in the air.

Under what pretenses do you make this asumption?
Im always willing to exept Im wrong but untill I see reason to think other wise there is nothing to say they were not made by them (Yes possible they contracted a shoe maker but that doesnt go against the idea, and if it is so they were comisioned to make them and they did so , as many other parts on other costumes were made,
darn the whole Fett costume was made for the movie , why is it such a stretch they would make the boots?

BGH,

Let me start by saying it has not been my intention to be argumentative. I've got nothing but the utmost respect for ya! I'm just trying to continue a discussion that has not, as of yet, been definitively answered. I have not meant to frustrate you (it seemed earlier that I had).

Okay, so RS had chased down and contacted some Berman and Nathan (BN) lead, who stated that they didn't produce footwear in house. I believe he was told they used some footwear out of stock as well as having some made by the company who made the Stormtrooper boots (and the Beatles boots). People at that company claimed to have made the boots, but didn't have any proof or documentation, and I believe the men who were running it at the time are now deceased.

Again, let me make clear for anyone following my lead here that I know exactly nuttin about nuttin. I'm just working under the assumption that it was overkill to have custom boots made (and nice ones at that) for a secondary character... especially when that style was so available at the time.

Under what pretenses do you make this asumption?
Im always willing to exept Im wrong but untill I see reason to think other wise there is nothing to say they were not made by them (Yes possible they contracted a shoe maker but that doesnt go against the idea, and if it is so they were comisioned to make them and they did so , as many other parts on other costumes were made,
darn the whole Fett costume was made for the movie , why is it such a stretch they would make the boots?

Dahone, that leaves a LOT of boots and a LOT of manufacturers to check out! :)

I would say they were some similar boots (from the old ListBot). If they were the right ones, SOMEONE would have saved the image (not downing Jango Wes, just saying that was a while ago!)

That would explain the material (chelsea/paddock are usually leather). That's a hard topic to look for.

If wes' ausie memory is correct, there were a few brands that made chelsea style safety boots at the time... so we should have some luck.

what if they were the inner boot for some weighted deep sea divers boot of some sort? There is ALOT of dive gear used on Fett...

I would LOVE to see the pic from the old listbot though...anyone *tap*tap...Art...ANYONE?? :)

All I can contribute to the "history of the boot" is that at least one (probably the pair) of the ESB boots is on the AOSW/C4 display.
boots.jpg

I think there are alot of boots the design could have been based on. Wrestling boots, diving boots, chelseas... But I think at the end of the day you will not find something exact. I think they were certainly custom made. With respect to the boot makers on this board, we have yet to have a reproduction come very close to the real pattern.

The image of the Australian boot was lost in the board transition and to history. Several of the old timers who were around can vouch that it did exist. I've spoken at length to Bat Ninja on the subject and his memory of the picture and the discovery is very vivid. I don't know what else to tell you. He used to have the picture of the exact boot, but unfortunately, it has been lost over the years.

Wes

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back