CSK225's GMH Progress Thread... this will be a long one :)

I mentioned it in another thread but if you guys are having trouble finding any Rustoleum colors and have a Menard's nearby, go there!! They have just about every paint made by Rustoleum, including Zinsser primers. An entire isle of rattle cans at mine, not just one little section like Home Depot.

my HD has a ton of rusto...everything but spruce though haha grabbed two at walmart just incase...theyre the new cans though which did spray very nice

I've got three huge Menards stores plus H.D., yet I have to go to Chi-Mart for Krylon. Menards here definitely has a better selection of rusto colors and primers. I didn't see any spruce green today though. Perhaps my area had a huge influx of jetpacks.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
CSK255 What did you use to secure the helmet liner to the inside of the helmet?

Sorry, I didn't see your post there. The liner is held in with the original hardware that held it in the army helmet. It's a chicago screw setup, but I turned it around so I'd not be required to drill into the helmet. :) I used 5 minute epoxy to hold the posts in.

Hey, F4R... are you sure that's bauhaus gold you used on the right earcaps? It seems awful yellow to me. Let me know, thanks!

Yeah, I figured that out now.:) I thought the implication was that bauhaus was the 'gold' you used on the right ear... what did you use on that? Not the left ear. The antenna ear.

Oh wait! Khaki! Nevermind! My mind ran away with the bauhaus being a 'gold'!!! I only sprayed a test piece, so no worries there. :)

Oh wait! Khaki! Nevermind! My mind ran away with the bauhaus being a 'gold'!!! I only sprayed a test piece, so no worries there. :)
LMAO...thats right u got it same thing as the back of the helmet u have to do it krylon then rusto to keep it from cracking and all

Ok then! :lol: Anyhoo, I did that up today and it will require some weathering on top of course. So, first piece with some actual paint upon it. :)

IMAG1495.jpg

Is that the Krylon Camo Khaki?? With nothing else done to it? If so, I now know I got a bad can of it a while back. I sprayed it as an undercoat for a trooper helmet and it was nearly brown! That ear looks great!!

No, it's rusto flat camo khaki. I have to do some mild wet sanding to bring a hint of the silver out underneath yet.

Hey, F4R.... great pick on the paprika! BANG ON!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know right! I saw it and was like YES! kinda like with the night tide... the right ear looks good the flash is making it look lighter than it is i think.

Then that makes sense! I ended up using the Rusto Camo Khaki and it is a great color!

F4R I have to ask, who makes the green paprika?? This is a new one on me. And GREAT call on the moss green!

Short update: I masked and painted the base colors on the left ear and it will, of course, get further detailing by hand.

IMAG1543.jpg

IMAG1546.jpg

By the way, Veachy, the Italian Olive is krylon, sorry. I can't send PM's from my phone.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back