FOUND PART!!! Helmet keyslot circuit board

Oh please do... :D

Now all we need to do is ID those ugly red resistors on the Jedi helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply unbelieveable! (pats you on back) ;) Awesome isn't the word.......who'd of thought this even could be found.You should work for the FBI bud.......or at least the writers for "CSI" or "Without a Trace" ...................... :lol:

Right under your nose :p I bet that part would have sat in your special Fett drawer for who knows how long :lol:

Awesome find Art!!
Now dip that puppy into some RTV.... ;) Pleeeeeeease... :D
I got some open holes to fill in my bucket.... :p

Good job!

Lynn

Dude,

I had no idea there was anything in there. I just dremeled my key slots and put black cloth + black mesh in behind it. I thought that was what it was supposed to look like. Whoops! :eek: See, I'm learning new things all the time here at TDH. :D

John Barrows, Jr.
TK-1776

I happen to have a little RTV left over from a project DCB and I did. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. If I can't do it (I really don't know jack about molding or casting) I'll outsource it. I'll make sure these do become available. No worries!

Last edited:
I am sure this pic would really piss off the vintage calc collector crew but what are ya gonna do? Here is the guts of the MQ-1, freed from its case. Here is the thing... Take a look at the inside shots of the RotJ bucket in the pics above... I am beginning to believe more and more strongly that there is a WHOLE MQ-1 epoxied into that helmet.... ARGH!!!!!! That means you would have to have TWO MQ-1s to finish a Jedi suit!!! I don't believe the ESB is the same... What do you think?

I guess I need to try to make a mold of the entirity of the guts instead of just the upper half...

MQ1_Guts.jpg

Last edited:
OK, just noticed something else... The little display module actually comes off quite easily (another horrified gasp fromt he calc collectors) and once it is off, you can see two holes in the green base board... two holes which match up to what we can clearly (blurrily) see in the inside of the ESB helmet... Now, if I could just confirm/deny the whole MQ-1 guts were used. I am pretty convinced the whole thing was NOT used on the ESB helmet but I believe they were on the RotJ and Prepro and the little knobs were attached to two of the holes in the lower section...

ESB helmet at AoSW:
MQ1-Fett-Helmet5.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, who do we know in Japan that can get some super hi-res pics of the inside of the MoM helmet while it is still over there?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back