Boba Fett boots 2nd run: 6 JAN UPDATE

It's possible to get in until May 31st. On 1 June, I'll place the order. If anyone wants in, just pay before then.

Wes

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again, Wes- for doing this second run. I got to see and hold my friend Aaronfett's boots from the last run. They are real nice! :D I can't wait for mine!

John Barrows, Jr.
TK-1776

You tha man wes!!!! thanks for doing this run. I've seen the pics and the boots looks awesome. I'm so glad this is coming together now...:D

Jango_Wes wrote:

It's possible to get in until May 31st. On 1 June, I'll place the order. If anyone wants in, just pay before then.

Wes

There you go... see! No one was waiting on me. I've already paid, but the order will be placed June 1st nonetheless. :p

Size 10.

Roman

I cannot wait to get these boots!!
So excited!
Now back to work on my helmet..

Jango_Wes wrote:

It's only been 2 weeks. Updates as to what?

Wes

A lot can be done in two weeks...

- Have all necessary materials been ordered?
- If so, have the materials come in?
- If not, what has come in?
- Any pics of the progress? (those are always fun to see)

Simple stuff like that. It helps keep people off your back, and makes us feel like you care about keeping us informed once you have taken our money.

I know how runs go and understand it takes time, but people like to be informed... even if it has only been two weeks.

~Roman

PS - It's now been 3 weeks, but who is counting? ;)

All the materials were ordered when I placed the order.
I don't know if the materials have come in.
The boot maker doesn't have a digital camera to the best of my knowledge.

If me driving to AZ and paying over $2000 out of pocket to ensure the first run got completed doesn't prove I care, there's no pleasing anyone.

A lot can be done in two weeks...

- Have all necessary materials been ordered?
- If so, have the materials come in?
- If not, what has come in?
- Any pics of the progress? (those are always fun to see)

Simple stuff like that. It helps keep people off your back, and makes us feel like you care about keeping us informed once you have taken our money.

I know how runs go and understand it takes time, but people like to be informed... even if it has only been two weeks.

~Roman

PS - It's now been 3 weeks, but who is counting? ;)

Well, I don't know anything about the first run, and as far as I know this is the second run... I'm glad you took care of the first group of people, but we are a whole new group and it seems to me that weekly or bi-weekly updates aren't too much to ask. Snake Fett's question wasn't out of line, but you seemed to get tweaked at him... and now at me.

In any case, you seem to be very touchy in regards to being asked about the progress of your runs... would you prefer we NOT ask how things are going?

Roman

Jango_Wes wrote:

If me driving to AZ and paying over $2000 out of pocket to ensure the first run got completed doesn't prove I care, there's no pleasing anyone.

i wasnt involved in the first run but read all the drama involved. If any of us went through what wes did,and pull it off in the end, we would still be in straight jackets banging out helmets against the padded wall. We should all kiss wes's personal fett boots for him having the bawls to offer a 2nd run. I think wes ordered the material and it shipped to the bootmaker himself

Patrick

BTW How are things going ;) JK

Yes, this is the second run (hence the thread title) and I realize you are a new bunch of people. I apologize to snake fett if my response seemed snippy.
I have been a member of this board for quite a while and I have proven myself to be an upstanding person. If you don't trust me, there's nothing I can do about that. And it's not a matter of me not caring. With every order I take, my reputation is put on the line. I haven't called the boot maker because I want to give him time to get started and actually accomplish something before I call and start hounding him. Like with the other run, I'll post any and all updates usually within 5 minutes of me getting them. And no, I have no problems with people asking about the boots. Sometimes it helps keep me on track and reminds me to call.

Wes

No problem, man :). i was just curious and i understand that it takes time and effort to put in motion such a project. No offense taken.

Wes is a stand up guy, there were problems in the first run but he kicked butt and got them straightened out. He sacrificed a lot getting that run out and I for one am grateful to him. So for anyone worried,don't be.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back