Don post 95 Repaint

Metadude

Active Hunter
Hey guys, Just got a few progress pics to show off. So far, i've applied my first light coat of primer to get me started.

SAM_0210.JPGSAM_0210.jpgSAM_0211.jpgSAM_0212.jpgSAM_0213.jpg

Looking good mate, SEE it wasnt that hard to apply the spray paint,

How hard is it to take of that ear cap? If you want I can give you an acurate one
Id sugest you use some epoxy filler to go over the Don Post stamp

It's pretty easy to take off that ear cap. And that would be nice if you could include an extra ear cap :) And with the don post stuff, i'm gonna paint it with some gold stuff

Ill send you the ear cap soon , you will need it and it will make a big difrence,
I really think you should get some spray paints at least the main colours , you can just brush the silver and grey on ,
it will make all the difference

Is it me or you have modified the DP? I have one of those and yours looks more accurate? Maybe it's the paint?

I noticed that to, its got a good shape (for a DP that is)I dont know if sand paper will really do the trick Id say use an exacto knife and some needle files , you can get some from a $2 shop,
Whats the mesurments of the ear cap, Ill see if Ive got one that fits ands ill send it up to you

I've made no modifications to the don post, i'm lucky :D. And the measurements for the ear cap are:

Height: roughly 7cm from the top round edge to the bottom triangle thing
Width (side view): 4cm
Width (front view) 1.1 cm measured from bottom of cap.

Just thinking about what helmet is clearly the easiest to paint up. Because I don't want to try at something out of my skill range (i'm a major noob painter ha ha ha)

Do you mean whay style? Id say for your first go ESB ,all the colours arejust flat colour over colour no misting and blendingand you can
use the stencils but now Rafel has done stencils for PP2 you may want to try that, you dont need to do all the misting and blending on your first go just do flat clours,
Have you got some masking fluid , youl need it

What does it do exactly? Can't I just spray paint it in the normal "clean" boba style, then cut out stencils for the main scratches (then sparay). And then paint in the smaller scratches?

Looking good so far. The reason that your DP helmet looks better than most is because the '95 DP was a good year for that helmet. They look the best. As far as the masking fluid. You apply it over the silver kinda ike a stencil (where ever you want the silver damage to show through the green). Then you spray your second layer, then peel away the masking fluid. You can also use toothpaste or mustard if you're in a pinch...:) So you going with ROTJ or ESB?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back