Don post 95 Repaint

Well Ive done the work on my (now yours) scratch built , and it looks pretty sweet in real life, I replaced the whole right ear set up, because when I made it I used WOFs templareaand as great as they are the ears are quite over sized , any way so I put in a set up I had spare (the lower one is acctually one of my scratch built masters for my modern ears , I took a few pics of it next to a Jango and a ROTJ helmet of mine,
the scrathy is a little bit bigger but not to much P4280289.JPGP4280290.JPGP4280288.JPG
In the pic it has a visor and a Jango rf topper I may actual give you one of them to use as my Boba RF topper mold died and I dont know if Ill be adding a visor , but if the ones Ive order turn out to be right I wil add one
And these are your total order(y)P4280292.JPGP4280293.JPGP4280291.JPG

Yes its just you
Yours will be one of the last Fett helmets I do Im not making them or selling Fett stuff any more Ive a few more orders and then Im done with it

Yep there is no fun in it any more , and its not like I make any money on them so there isnt much point
Ive got what I wanted, all I ever wanted was to have a few people have and enjoy some thing I made,
and Ive done around 30 or more, Boba helmets now so I think Ive achieved that goal

Yep there is no fun in it any more , and its not like I make any money on them so there isnt much point
Ive got what I wanted, all I ever wanted was to have a few people have and enjoy some thing I made,
and Ive done around 30 or more, Boba helmets now so I think Ive achieved that goal

:( :( :(

Thats a shame J, your helmet sits beautifully in my study, in all it's little ESB glory these days. I am warming to ROTJ and was toying with the idea of doing that with one of your lids, but alas, my plans may have been foiled!

Cool , Ive ot to do some of the prep to your Jango and then there ready I finished the Boba it actually looks pretty good, much better than it did with the wrong sized ears

Keep at it metadude. one of the best bits of advice I can offer, is take your time - it may end up being a long process (could take months depending on time available to you), but in that time, 99% of it should be used looking, prepping, masking, drawing on stencills etc, and only about 1% actally spraying and painting. Use a quality masking fluid (I personally feel you cant go past Humbrol Maskol - many hobby shops sell it, but I also found it in the hobby section of a Toyworld here in Perth, for $9.99 a bottle). Once you draw on your damage, take time to carefully paint on the masking fluid. Sometimes I would find I would be masking bigger layers for hours - but while tedious, it produces great results. keep on hangin in there brother!

I'm also modding a DP for my first Fett bucket. I figure it's a cheap way to learn the painting techniques, etc. and I had one laying around. Someone was overenthusiastic with the glue on the right ear cap, and in stock form it's a POS, but free is free.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back