FG'ing a Scratchbuild

Cyris

Active Hunter
As the title says, I'm looking to reinforce my cardboard scratchbuild with fiberglass on the inside. I'm sure this question isn't new, and I've seen various threads when it comes to FG'ing, but since I'm a complete newb and have NO experience whatsoever with the stuff, I'm really just wondering if something like a Bondo FG kit will do the job I'm looking for. I welcome any advice on how to handle it as well, should anyone feel inclined. Thanks!

I have a Bondo brand "all purpose fiberglass repair kit" that I've used for the inside of my vacuformed gauntlets and resin cast helmet. It's pretty simple, just follow the instructions but a word of advice: INVEST IN A RESPIRATOR (not dustmask) that can filter out the fumes.

Alright, sounds about what I was thinking--and I'll definately keep the respirator in mind. I didn't know you could use FG repair kits on resin casts as well, so that's good to know. Thanks, man!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back