All Boba Fett Helmet Stencils and Templates

hello, I am about to start my first helmet. I am using the wizardofflight's template. any good advice for a first timer? is there a simple step-by-step to help me along the way? I am very excited and any help would be super useful.
thanks.

Just wanted to say thank you for this thread, all contributors have done some amazing work, and will go a long way to help the build process
Cheers everyone!

Excellent! Will have to give these a try.. I may not get my helmet to be exact to the original, but will strive to get as close as I can.. Thanks for the goodies!

It's easy crimson! Just print out the templates, cut them out and use graphite transfer paper to bring the stencil to your helmet

Ok i see and then i use a paint brush to do the details or do i use masking tape and an air brush ?

Is there a complete guide to painting the helmet from start to finish ?

I am working on a esb now. In the picture you can see the cut out stencil and the area already masked (masking fluid).
I mainly use airbrush and topical painting for very small details

Painting a helmet with the use of stencils is easy, but it takes a lot of patience if you want to get every detail

uploadfromtaptalk1430057229211.jpg

I am working on a esb now. In the picture you can see the cut out stencil and the area already masked (masking fluid).
I mainly use airbrush and topical painting for very small details

Painting a helmet with the use of stencils is easy, but it takes a lot of patience if you want to get every detail

View attachment 87637

so did you cut out the stencil and use the holes to put down the masking fluid ?

I dont see how you used the stencil to transfer the details over

You have to size the template, cut them out, and use them over transfer paper. You can use a mechanical pencil to transfer the areas you are looking to mask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys i get it now

Ordering those things from ebay

Oh i see its like tracing paper you use a kid for art work, you copy the design then filp it over copy it again then flip it back over and go over it and it gives the pencil line on the paper right ?

I am assuming that masking liquid is peelable ?

What kind of masking tape should i use in the uk its white and often ends up peeling the paint behind it

I seem to be having some trouble with sizing, I have a rspropmasters bucket and either the stencils or too big or too small. Any suggestions?

I seem to be having some trouble with sizing, I have a rspropmasters bucket and either the stencils or too big or too small. Any suggestions?

I have read others with the same issue as i too have ordered a RS prop master helemt, so have been preparing myself for it.

I think you have to go though photoshop and re size them

Apparently they need a 5% or 10% increase for them to fit correctly

I havent got my bucket yet so havent experemented with them yet

What thickness cardboard do people use? I see 2mm mentioned on one of the links for the files but it looks like all cardboard is sold using the 'pt' scale for the most part.

I was looking on Amazon and purchased some .08" chipboard.

Having a bit of a hard time with rafals esb on my macbook. Back plates especially. They're close, but not fitting just right on the bottom. Anyone solve this or have the same issue? Posted the same thing in the army dad thread. Thx!

What thickness cardboard do people use? I see 2mm mentioned on one of the links for the files but it looks like all cardboard is sold using the 'pt' scale for the most part.

I was looking on Amazon and purchased some .08" chipboard.
I picked up 2 sheets of 2mm grey cardboard from myocal art supply store.

Sent from my SM-N910G

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back