Boba Fett Pre-Pro #2 (PP2) Helmet Stencils

RafalFett

Well-Known Hunter
Finally started to do the PP2 helmet paint stencils. This is a tricky one, mainly because the lack of more reference images and the existing ones are not the best. But I do my best to get the best results. The colors used are based on the existing images and may not be what others used on their helmets.

So here are the stencils. The color separation will come after I finish all the stencils (or by request).

-----------------------------
Update 11-05-2011
The color separation files were added. The colors used are based on SpideyFett's ROTJ and PP2 color scheme but not 100% accurate. The Sandy Rose color for the mandibles is a found color (at this site Colour Lovers - Sandy Rose) as I was seraching for it's HTML code which is #AA7D7A (I don't know how accurate is this, but is better than nothing).

Update 12-05-2011
Added the Dome Top Area to guide you (with some approximation) on how to adjust the top scratches.

Update 16-03-2012
All files were replaced with new and improved ones.
70% of the dome's scratches were redone from scratch and the remaining scratches were modified and improved. The red face area was modified also, especially the front part and the ears area, but other areas were also corrected. Both cheeks and the right back plate was redone from scratch.

Update 25-03-2012
Added archived separation files in JPG format for those who want to edit or alter the stencil's dimensions.

Red Face and Rear Keyhole
Red Face & Keyhole.jpg

Color Separation
View attachment Red Face & Keyhole A4.pdf
View attachment Red Face & Keyhole LTR.pdf

View attachment PP2 Red Face & Keyhole.zip

Back Plates
Back Plates.jpg

Color Separation
View attachment Back Plates A4.pdf
View attachment Back Plates LTR.pdf

View attachment PP2 Back Plates.zip

Cheeks
Cheeks.jpg

Color Separation
View attachment Cheeks A4.pdf
View attachment Cheeks LTR.pdf

View attachment PP2 Cheeks.zip

Dome
Dome.jpg

Color Separation
View attachment Dome A4.pdf
View attachment Dome LTR.pdf

View attachment PP2 Dome.zip

Note that the crayon mark on the dome, across the right arrow is an optional feature. Some of the images show the helmet with this mark while other images doesn't have the crayon at all.

Dome Top Area
Dome Top.jpg

And here is (as superjedi has named this) the 'Bantha herd trampled helmet' to serve you as a template to fit all the scratches.

Helmet Perspective View (NEW)
Helmet Assembly.jpg

Helmet Perspective View (OLD)
Helmet Assembly.jpg

Note that the old file is left just for improvement comparison.

Have fun with these files!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot boys for the encouragement! I'm working on the red face (as I like to say to the mandible-visor-ear-rim area) and it looks awsome so far.

Here's a teaser of it:

Red Face.jpg

Respect!

Red Face.jpg

Updated the first post with the red face stencil. Not a perfect one, mostly because of the poor images with the back and side views of the helmet.

I know but if you die from exuastion they wil never be finished

If I die from exhaustion, I will come back from the dead to finish the stencils. But that's not the case... Because of real life I have the impression that I'm moving too slow with the stencils. I want to see them finished, but must wait with patience.

Just added the Rear Keyhole stencils. Still to do the Dome and the Ear stencils. Much to go...

Finally I managed to do the Dome stencils. This was by far the hardest and most complex of all (PP1 and ESB). I need to rest my eyes for a couple of days until I do the color separation. I hope you like the stencils.

This was by far the hardest and most complex of all (PP1 and ESB).

I told you! :lol: But they look awesome, I give you my permission to have a rest :lol: Just a tip, the white at the dent are scratches, the white drops at the left of your stencil, is unweathered silved (masked until the helmet is finished), and you see it white because of the flash washing it, keep that in mind (y)

Thanks a lot, KaanE! I know this isn't a perfect one, but because of the poor quality of the images is hard to tell sometimes which are the right scratch colors... In one image a particular scratch is light gray while in other image is dark gray. But everyone will use the color combination they think is the right one.

As you can see, the grey was applied just on a few spots and a really light coat, so... if the light is straight on the grey it looks lighter, and if not, it looks darker (y) Also a light grey weathering was applied all over the helmet.

Sandy Helmets 01.jpg

Sandy Helmets 01.jpg

I might be wrong on this, but I noticed that the dent on PP2 is smaller than on the other helmets. It can be clearly seen the contour of the original dent.

Dent.jpg

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Dent.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back