RECASTING - A must read ...

Why hasn't Fettdad been banned?

He took one of Fettpride's holsters and knowingly recast it, then sold the copies.
I have been banned from this very forum just for (admittedly) being an A-hole, yet Fettdad gets a bye on recasting?

refer to post 11...i...recast...nothing...get the facts straight before you burn me at the stake...thanks...

wow dom...:)

and Nathan, banning me only hurts those i have obligations with... keep that in mind...

i dont care if i get banned...i am removing myself from TDH for personal reasons anyways...so idle threats of my banning dont affect me...i did my research on FOUND items, i spoke with quote admin at the time, and got the ok... making a costume for myself in future? i have my resources...

and making money on these holsters? wow...i sent out less than 10...what a killing i made...

'nuff said...

Last edited by a moderator:
So if stormrider was taking his time sending out kits for blasters and i recasted his kit that would be ok how? You really couldnt read Chris's reply, thats kinda childish that you "dont care." Thats what I wow'd at...your lack of respect for other people here just goes to show your simply trying to hide that you got caught in a mess. You wont admit it playing John Wayne and sticking to your I did nothing wrong wont help the fact that the holsters were recasted. Not recasted originals but recasted from a FP holster not a genuine Nemrod. Who ever did the recasting FOR you recasted it you sold the recasted item. Either way just as bad you KNOWINGLY sold FP recasted holsters.

how am i hiding? i am here...it doesnt matter what he says...i did what i felt was right, went thru the said channels and resources, and made a decision...running? how?

you dont think its right what i did, then dont do it...i was told it was ok, and felt it was right... not going to happen again...

It seriously bewilders me, that after all is said and done, that
people use words like "Allegedly", and "Hope this can be
resolved".

Am I seriously the only one on the planet that sees what
has transpired here? Is there any way to resolve a situation
where someone steals from you?

I understand what you're saying here... the holster you molded was recast. Not another Nemrod holster. The one you molded had a major "tell" on the front as well other nicks/ scratches/ nuances only you would know about.

I think that those who haven't read the earlier post don't get this point.

I see how you feel betrayed and sympathize with you Chris.

Excuse me?? I NEVER said I did not want to do business with you.

You are absolutely right buddy. You did not. And I do apologize. I was actually confusing you with another
member too. Sort of melding you together. I overstepped. Might I suggest you and I editing our posts and
shaking hands :cheers Tensions are running quite high at the moment. Myself is to whom I refer :) I will
edit my posts right now.

... making a costume for myself in future? i have my resources...:)

'nuff said...

Seriously man ? It's little nippy statements like that that, you seem to think people
don't see right through. But just to clarify in case someone hasn't already figured
out what that meant ...

You've purchased at least 3 sets of everything I've ever made.
I sincerely hope, that isn't a threat of action, recasting my
other items. Or to be more specific, paying "someone else"
to recast my other items.

For you to consistently refer to any potential reprimand for
your actions being a "harm to others" you have business
with, also sounds like somewhat of a threat, Darrell.

This is senseless for you to act this way. As you've pointed
out, you're a Teacher, and what I considered to be one
hell of a stand up guy. Don't lower yourself this way man :(

Goodness. I just finished reading this entire thread. I can't believe I am still awake. Not a poke, reading usually puts me out cold. I have had dealings and/or conversations with nearly every poster here, and respect you all. One thing I am still dark about is why Darrel is still being attacked.

#11 was a very interesting post. Based on that post alone, I can't see why everyone seems to want to bury Darrel. Again I have read every single post. Something seems to be missing. Instinct says there is more to the story. I have not read anything saying that Darrel outright commissioned Stormrider to make cast of the Holster. But maybe I missed it.

As for Darrel's lack of apologies, he seems to have stated himself very clearly as to his understanding of the rules (at the time). Why apologize for being called a thief, when you don't believe you are and feel wrongly accused. And again, doesn't Stormrider rate for any of the wrath being wrought on Darrel.

and Nathan, banning me only hurts those i have obligations with...:) keep that in mind...(y)
It hurts you by letting the people on this forum (and other forums) know that you are a recaster.
The obligations that you had with members of this forum are unaffected. You already have their addresses and can continue to mail the items you have already sold.
This will also prohibit you from selling any more items to members on this forum.

i dont care if i get banned...i am removing myself from TDH for personal reasons anyways...so idle threats of my banning dont affect me...
The "personal reasons" you mention wouldn't be the fact that you got busted recasting Fettpride would it?
i did my research on FOUND items, i spoke with quote admin at the time, and got the ok...
Apparently, you did not do enough research, or you would have found out that you cannot recast another member's work.
And as far as "FOUND" items go, I the only thing you "FOUND" was Chris' holster .
(y) making a costume for myself in future? i have my resources...:)
Good luck having any dealings with a reputable vendor after word gets out that you are a recaster.
That is, unless they are of the same level of character and integrity as yourself.

and making money on these holsters? wow...i sent out less than 10...what a killing i made...:)
It's not about the money. It's about you breaking the rules.
'nuff said...

I hardly believe that to be true.There will be much more to be said.

You are absolutely right buddy. You did not. And I do apologize. I was actually confusing you with another
member too. Sort of melding you together. I overstepped. Might I suggest you and I editing our posts and
shaking hands :cheers Tensions are running quite high at the moment. Myself is to whom I refer :) I will
edit my posts right now.

WHEW! Not a problem! I am a guy who likes to try to see both sides of everything, sorry if it sounded skewed. As a fellow artist, I do feel your pain. I hold your work in high regard and admire what you do, I have said that! :) Posts edited and I DO hope to do business with you in the future! :)

Banning would not be cool at all. Seeing as how I am waiting on a jetpack harness. ;-) I should be allowed to stay in contact with the seller shouldn't I? And I like what BBF said. Hope this all gets straightened out. And please people, being reasonable is the way to go. And hey, talking it all out is good! ;-)

You wouldn't need this board to do so. Shouldn't you have his personal contact info outside the board?

Again I have read every single post. Something seems to be missing. Instinct says there is more to the story. I have not read anything saying that Darrel outright commissioned Stormrider to make cast of the Holster. But maybe I missed it.

Sorry Terry, that is a good point. That's partially my fault. Actually, that was covered in another thread. Stormrider's actually.
This thread is sort of a spill over from all that. It should have been reiterated here with the facts. The fact is, Darrell did in
fact approach Stormrider with this, and commissioned him. This was pre established and confirmed by correspondence,
public admissions and sent to the Administration. The matter in this case, was how Stormrider was approached, and the
misleading information that was given him. In a manner of speaking, Stormrider was not only a more innocent party here, but
but also a victim of it as well.

WHEW! Not a problem! I am a guy who likes to try to see both sides of everything, sorry if it sounded skewed. As a fellow artist, I do feel your pain. I hold your work in high regard and admire what you do, I have said that! :) Posts edited and I DO hope to do business with you in the future! :)

Thank you, and I hope the same :)

The point you may be missing, perhaps because it's not been clarified properly, is that i never actually "sold "
my molds, and currently produce these holsters. They were never discontinued.

Thanks (y)

****...I was under the assumption you actually sold the mold off and someone recasted a copy from one made from a SOLD mold. My bad!

Whatever someone says ... it´s always for the money, on both sides, no matter what any party says about "community" or "principles".

One nice person may do 2-4 maybe even 6 for himself and some friends .... but if something is offered to everyone who pays, on a regulary basis, it is work, and work is done to get money. I believe noone who says something else.

Whatever someone says ... it´s always for the money, on both sides, no matter what any party says about "community" or "principles".

One nice person may do 2-4 maybe even 6 for himself and some friends .... but if something is offered to everyone who pays, on a regulary basis, it is work, and work is done to get money. I believe noone who says something else.

Let's not convolute this. Posts like this are very clear to others, that you've not fully read my posts.

"It isn't always about money"

"If I were in it just for the money, I would / wouldn't do .... "

These are the statements I consistently make. Never once have I said
"I don't do this for the money".

For you to make a post like you did, preys on those members that
don't "want" to read my long winded posts. They read a statement
like yours, and fall right in line with you, because it's "easier" than
reading it for themselves.

Of course it's about money, "too". But I can assure you, that having
to put up with nonsense like this, there is no amount of money that
is worth the stress, and heartache. Nor is there "hazard pay" for the
toxic chemicals and fiberglass dust that I'm sure has shaved a good
10 off my life.

A largest part of what I do here, IS for the community. To say
otherwise, or challenge me or my integrity where this is concerned is
very insulting and really is diluted.

I could have made far more money as an MSCE (Microsoft Certified Engineer),
which I am, in a month, than I would here in a whole year. But I chose to
serve a community doing what I "used" to enjoy.

But since we are talking about money ...

and making money on these holsters? wow...i sent out less than 10...what a killing i made...:)

'nuff said...

Even if it were just 10, Darrell ... that's $1650 at what you were selling them for brother. So in those terms, you made at least that, off my sweat. It could have
paid my rent for two months. You think THAT is funny, in the economy we live in today? Then, there is my helping Stormrider recoup what you left owing him,
and all that he was out of pocket. He's recouping $1200 for his time and effort.
Ultimately, this is what your actions have cost me, at bare minimum. That to
me is no different that lifting my checkbook, or taking food from my table.
Making statements like that, do you absolutely no good.

Reckless disregard.

This is what most of you do not seem to understand, or simply do not care
about as long as "you" get "yours" :(

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back