this picture is so sad on so many levels

Mike M.

Well-Known Hunter
Community Staff
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
epic-win-photos-homeless-bounty-hunter-win.jpg

freakkin rubies, ruining our good names.

You know what's sadder? A year and a half ago, before I joined this forum I'dve been made up to wear something like that ... I blame you guys, ignorance was bliss ... ;)

Well he could be sleeping on the streets and had his boots were stolen and he had to sell slave one for crack money??? Hey the costume still looks good to me but his r2 needs a lot of work....lol

what's even sadder is I can remember a time when we would have looked at this and thought it was a good costume! My how far we've come in the 8-10 years I've been on these boards.

You know what's even more sad? That this thread exists and that this community continues to make fun of other peoples costumes which are not up to our personal standards.

You know at one point, I was a semi pro triathlete. I would start races with people on the same line never to see them again during the entire course. I always made an effort to stay at the finish line for a while to congratulate racers coming in behind me. "Wow, you are crazy fast!", they would sometimes say to me. Or, "You were flying on the bike!". "Hey, I remember when I used to throw up during races, and at least you're riding. Great job, brother!" I usually replied...

Too true Shockwave. I would have had the biggeset grin on my face for the rest of the day. I'm not trying to knock the guy specifically. I applaud the fellow for going out there. I'd probably walk up to the guy and try and strike up a conversation if I saw him.

I was critical of the details on Fett(sad) even when I was a kid but I didn't care because I just wanted Boba to be seen more and get the recognition he was due.

I don't think the point of this guys photo was to show off his costume quality, but to deliver a laugh. If anything the "lesser" quality adds to the situation he is presenting. It looks like one of his gloves is missing, so that might be intentional as well as the reverse girth.
Personally, I don't want to laugh when I see someone in a rubies, because they spent a lot of money on it. Big slap in the face there. They see a box with "Officially Licensed" and look at the price and must think its awesome. Most people aren't going to want to spend thousands of dollars and a ton of time "making" a costume when they can get one out of a box and meet their needs. If I was going to a Halloween party to get drunk, I would rather take a rubies than my Boba Maker, FP, and Wicked Beard hybrid costume.

I don't think the point of this guys photo was to show off his costume quality, but to deliver a laugh. If anything the "lesser" quality adds to the situation he is presenting. It looks like one of his gloves is missing, so that might be intentional as well as the reverse girth.

Cheers, Brother. I think you've e got it. The pic is hilarious!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back