My sad attempt at an ESB helmet *Updated 04/28/04*

....any particular "blue" you used for the wash,or the one most have used to add to the Euro Dark Green for the back of the helmet??? I'm getting together another order,and the Testors site had 149 different "Blues" :lol:

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
You say you still feel like a repaint. Well, ever hear of the saying, "If it aint broke, fix it till it is,"? Heed that warning. You're doing an outstanding job!

Pathetic paint job, indeed. :rolleyes
Shawn

:lol: thanks :)

About the blue, I couldn't find the floquil blue so instead I used an "Admiral blue" that I had laying around the house. Looks like a close match to the jet pack color, I just diluted it a bit.

edit:
It's called DecoArt Americana admiral blue, it's really thick out of the bottle so I had to dilute.

RS, does the "Earth" in Polly scale come in the 1oz. or 1/2oz. ?? There are a few possibilities on Testor site,but they all say Earth Brown of some sorts except one and it comes in 1oz. It has no bottle picture and I just don't want it to be the Floquil Railroad enamel since the bottle is not pictured.

Steve

Thanks a million RS :)

Baddblood,keep us posted on the progress.

BTW,have you started on your armor yet? I've found myself jumping around from peice to peice so I don't burn out from any one thing.If only I had a digital camera I could show off some of my progress pics too.I've found that using the RLM Dark Green (left ear color) for misting/weathering on the armor is working out AWESOME.It gives another texture of green without losing the original Panzer, provided it is used sparingly.I'm making my collar,chest,cod,butt,back the same overall darker green that looks like the film suit had using the RLM to get it darker and using the light gray to mist my gauntlets and jet pack to give them a lighter look all the while keeping the original Panzer in tact......ESB ain't easy ;)

Steve

Dude! That's like teh amazing man! :eek:
I'm being totally serious dude, that paintjob is really really nice, extremely accurate and professional. Keep at it man, great work, wow...

Bartek

yeah Badblood, I think its lookin great man! but we are own worst critic. I don't think my helmet is top notch either, but lookin at it now, I like it:D

I just want to know how I missed the field trip to how to paint a Fett helmet (real good) at fettprides house?? :lol:

Badblood, I think it looks amazing man! Sad attempt huh?? Not even close bud... ;)

Great Helmet, Question.....
did you use a some type of clear finish on it already, it looks kinda glossy in some areas..

Maybe its your flash..

Thank you folks, I'm glad you guys think it looks cool.

Yep it has a protective gloss coat which will not be there at the end of the project. I hope it turns out well.

I'm new ....
What do you mean "Won't be there"...
Do you plan to spray it with a dull flat clear coat or something..

Just want to know cause I'm fixin to start my helmet..

lookin' good bud........if only I could post pics :( Mine is coming along good too.I guess I'll take some pics and get a CD made.

Steve

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back