Cardboard builds filler question

I did a search and a lot of the threads were pretty old, some from 2007. I am using WoFs Jetpack templates and building my pack with cardboard / chipboard of varying thicknesses. Besides bondo, because I like to go the non toxic route when I can, what do you guys like to use for fillers? I am thinking for seams and smoothing out corners, I can use either drywall compound or wood filler. I am just not sure which is the stronger of the two. Or if there is something better, i am open to suggestions!

I know Bondo will work, but it is highly toxic and I hate having to leave my apartment and go somewhere else to work on something. I have seen other threads where people have used the wood filler and drywall compound, just wanted to see what the results were. I know that spackle is a no-no because it is brittle.

It could work, the wood filler and the drywall compound, but if you want a non toxic substitute for Bondo I would suggest using epoxy putty like "milliput", it's becomes hard and easy for sanding.

I was thinking that too, KaanE. I have Apoxie Sculpt which is the same as milliput. It works great for everything else so why not. It would have to be for smaller areas since it isn't as smooth as say the drywall compound or the wood filler.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back