Anone know about these helmets?

The details look really soft to me and the accuracy is pretty far off on both of them. I don't think you will be happy with either when you compare them to helmets currently available here.

Same here. I looked at it but don't think I'd be happy with it. I have his shoulder and knee armor. They are nice. I have his vest too. It's nice but Wrong color.

I know they probably aren't as nice as what is available here, but the ones here are very hard to come by. These are at least readily available and maybe with a good paintjob, they will look pretty good. Which one of these two is probably the better one? I am thinking the cucblack.

The details look really soft to me and the accuracy is pretty far off on both of them. I don't think you will be happy with either when you compare them to helmets currently available here.

Can you give me a few details on what looks off? I want to make sure of what I am missing.

Cucblack out of the 2 but don't think you will be happy in the long run.

OK, but why? Can you give me some specifics?? I know a member here who has an absolutely amazing looking modified Don Post helmet and it works. I need a helmet, and the need is starting to outweigh the means. There are a few here on this board, but they are harder than heck to get in a timely manner. I need something that will be available when I need it. Time is starting to run out in the frame I have set for myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Cucblack has a couple of things wrong at first glance. First, the horizontal part of the visor seems too wide, the dome of the helmet isn't shaped right and the dent is waaay too soft, not to mention it's shaped wrong. For that price, plus it's coming from Bolivia (No offense to anyone from Bolivia), says to me 'Stay Away'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you AFFO$ for pointing that out, that is what I wanted and you are always a great help. Now I see what you are talking about! I am just getting really impatient, I can't afford to let too much more time to go by without the essential piece to the costume! But I don't want to make a mistake by buying something on the basis of time.

No problem. Sorry I had to remove the pic. I realized I didn't have the rights to repost it. Have you tried contacting Sgt. Fang? His are better than both of these and a lot cheaper.

I know what u mean with time but don't rush. You will be buying it over again. I'm doing that now. Culblack will send it. I have bought a few things from him. The armor I have from him is build good is why I would say him out of the 2. Although I would keep hunting.
:cheers

Yeah I would go with the cucblack over the other, but why not just contact Asok on the forums here and get a great helmet that will be accurate and you won't have to pour a bunch of prep time into?

Yeah I would go with the cucblack over the other, but why not just contact Asok on the forums here and get a great helmet that will be accurate and you won't have to pour a bunch of prep time into?

+1. That would definitely be about your best option depending on Asok's timeframe. Both of those options you posted leave MUCH to be desired.

+1. That would definitely be about your best option depending on Asok's timeframe. Both of those options you posted leave MUCH to be desired.

+2 Ya pay for what ya get bro... I appreciate what your saying about 'other' members here? but seriously... ya don't need this.

I asked cucblack about the origin of his helmets and he told me this:

it was a recast of the don post delux done about 10 years ago they are very rare, which i think MR used partly because is quite close to my helmet

- gordyfett

+2 Ya pay for what ya get bro... I appreciate what your saying about 'other' members here? but seriously... ya don't need this.

Yeah I didn't want to name anyone, but I am sure you can guess the ones here I REALLY want! My biggest fear would be not getting one in time and the last thing I want is a rushed paintjob!

I think Sgt Fang still sells over on the RPF. His delivery times are unknown though. I got one from him and it took about 4 months to arrive. And it was one he already had cast and had painted as a Jango so all that had to happen was to put in the mail. I have gotten one from Asok in less than a week before and he had to cast it. Please Please Please do not think I am promising that Asok can deliver in less than 7 days, I am just giving personal experience. I know Asok would deliver as quick as he could and let you know updates during the process

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back