Aluminum Fett Helmet Question

JangoTex

New Hunter
I recently picked up an aluminum Fett bucket. Can anyone confirm the manufacturer? I was thinking it might be a Hand Schaub helmet but I’m not sure.
Front.jpg

Front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a Jango helmet, not a boba just FYI look at the right ear and theres no borden

But it also has a tell from the Boba helmet on the right part of the mandibles. I haven't seen this replicated on any helmet except the FPH and it was not so exagerated. I don't know where it comes from... Definetly a modified Boba to look like Jango.

That doesn't look like a hand-schuab helmet. It looks too 'clean'. Because HS's helmets were cast in aluminum, there is some minor pitting in them that needs to be sanded down, and they don't look quite as crisp and sharp as the helmet you have posted. As others have stated, you helmet looks to be cold-cast.

HS's helmets are metal all the way through, and weigh about 5-6 lbs. Much heavier than an FG or resin bucket.

Thanks for the replies (very informative too!). Yes, I believe it to be cold cast aluminum, which I thought is what hand-schuab made. It weights about 3-4 pounds and very sturdy. It doe have some very slight pitting but only noticeable under close inspection. I thought it might be a Boba helmet just without the dent. But I wasn’t 100% sure about it.

At the moment I've got a Jango color scheme and visor installed. Its not finished yet as I need to work on the stalk section next. I'll post pics later in the Jango section of the forums.

I've added more pics of this helmet (unfinished) under my profile album.

It looks alot like a MSH1 with the dent filled in and the Borden Connector removed. The 'flare' and the ears have characteristics of Natty's MSH. However the back of the helmet looks like it has been entirely reworked. I don't recall the MSH1 flattening off like that in the back.

Is it actual metal or like plastic with metal in it , do you know what Cold cast is (no offence its an honest question)
Also get a pic from the sides and from the back itl help ID it ,

Question:

Answer:
Respect!

Right you see I only read bits of posts , and look at pics ,
Looking at them it seems it is a metal helmet

Hand Shuab, Jango is my vote for sure

Just an FYI cold cast is the prosses of adding a metal powder to resin when mixing the the components(to create a metal look) then resin is poured in to mold

I
Hence the name cold casting , ie no heat needed to melt the metal

Looks like one of mine... some were better finished than others... sorry to say but glad to say to Jangotex. As far as I know I was the only one to do a full metal cast lid. Flare looks like mine and it compares very well to 'movie size' helmets out there... just the dome is a bit off.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back