Making the first Rafal Works Helmet

You should do a Cardboard visor to keep the mandibles right. Anyway, I can't wait to see the ears attached!

You should do a Cardboard visor to keep the mandibles right. Anyway, I can't wait to see the ears attached!

I finished the ear base platform and I had a pair of ears and the rangefinder from the last prototype and use it to see how this fits on the helmet. I made from cardboard some kind of legs that I glued on the ears, then made some holes in the helmet to fit the ears properly. The rest of the parts are holded with duct tape.

Dsc05545.jpg Dsc05538.jpg Dsc05542.jpg Dsc05540.jpg Dsc05539.jpg Dsc05543.jpgDsc05544.jpg

I have to do the ear and rangefinder paint and scratches scheme then glue on the finished parts. Then install the visor and I'm almost done.

Respect!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just mounted the visor in and still working on the ear and rangefinder paint scheme. I will finish the helmet untill the next weekend.

Dsc05548.jpg Dsc05554.jpg Dsc05550.jpg

Respect!

Looking very good Raf; You've done a fantastic job so far. :)

Thanks again, yorkshiredad!

Finally! My helmet is finished. I'm very pleased on how this turned out. So I let the pictures to talk...

Dsc05555.jpg Dsc05556.jpg Dsc05558.jpg Dsc05560.jpg Dsc05561.jpg Dsc05562.jpg Dsc05566.jpg Dsc05567.jpg Dsc05568.jpg Dsc05569.jpg Dsc05570.jpg Dsc05572.jpg Dsc05563.jpg

I only used 2mm cardboard and colored templates printed on plain paper. For the ear and the rangefinder I used thin cardboard (0.5mm) then padded with 1mm cardboard. 'Foreign' materials used are the T-visor and two magnets for the upper ear. I will do a cardboard stand for the helmet in the near future.

And here are some comparison images with the ESB hero helmet.

Compare 03.jpg Compare 01.jpg Compare 02.jpg

So, what you say?

Respect!

I finally made the stand for the helmet. This is also made from 2mm cardboard which is covered with black sticker-like sheet. The base was made with 3 decreasing circles, where each circle is made with two pieces of 2mm cardboard glued together. The top part was made the same way, but it has just two circles. The center piece was made with thinner and softer cardboard and was rolled to form a tube. The info plate (copied from the MR replica plate) was made with one piece of 2mm cardboard, then I glued the printed image to the cardboard and I covered the plate with duct tape for a shiny look.

DSC05619.jpg Dsc05618.jpg Dsc05605.jpg

And here is the helmet on his stand.

DSC05600.jpg DSC05611.jpg DSC05615.jpg DSC05594.jpg

Respect!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back