Armor Test Fitting - I WANT OPINIONS!! PLEASE! New Pics 3/23

Using Wizard Of Flight's templates I printed the large set. I am 6' even. I took this just to see if the large templates are the way to go for me. Obviously the ab plate will be more curved, so it looks wider because I simply taped it to my shirt. But it appears to me that everything hits where it needs to. PLEASE let me know what you guys think! I have my sintra and I am ready to get going on this!! Thanks everyone!

DSCF0085.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
once the neck piece is on it may be a tad tight maybe side the ab plate down a bit. look good to me

Like was mentioned, slide it down a little to the collar plat isn'te so close to the top of the chest plate. Round off the corners of the ab plate and you're good to go. The sizing seems good.

New pics with collar. Keep in mind it is hard to get cardstock to lay down! Is it too crowded or am I just not taking into consideration the rounded shape of the abs and chest pieces. Does anyone think it should be sized down a bit? Thanks for everyone's help!

DSCF0088.gif

DSCF0086.gif

DSCF0090.gif

Looks spot on to me. Plus when you get the collar attached to the back plate and then the jet pack hooked on, it will pull it back against your neck. There are several pics of Jeremy Bulloch between takes 'holding' the collar down with his hand. He said during the filming of ROTJ that he would go back to the hotel at night with a mark across his neck looking like he had been collared.

Thanks AFFO$! I think I am going to round off the middle inside part of the collar as well so it can fit closer to my neck. My only concern is the pieces looking crowded. Maybe once I cut them from Sintra and curve them, it won't look that way. I am thinking I may have to adjust not only the corners of the ab piece, like Mr Fett suggested, but also the top "roof shaped" part may need to be angled in just a little bit.

Looks spot on to me. Plus when you get the collar attached to the back plate and then the jet pack hooked on, it will pull it back against your neck. There are several pics of Jeremy Bulloch between takes 'holding' the collar down with his hand. He said during the filming of ROTJ that he would go back to the hotel at night with a mark across his neck looking like he had been collared.

.....another good reason why I've never bolted my collarplate to my backplate. Trooping hours comfort before accuracy in this one aspect of my costume.

Remember too that a flak vest will be a little bit bigger/bulkier than a form fitting T-shirt...that will definitely affect the way it sits on you and the way it looks. If you happen to have your flak vest already, try sizing the templates to your body while wearing your flak vest. Or if you're really worried about it you can wait to make your armor until after you size it with the vest...honestly though I think it looks spot on ;)

Thanks guys! At this point I have already cut my sintra and am shaping it now. It is working really well, so I will start a build thread soon!

Just to add, once you sand or dremil the edges of the sintra to bevel it, it will add space between the plates as well. I used the same templates, and am about the same size, and it turned out perfect. Good Luck!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back