WIP: Shin tools and Jetpack

WTFett

Active Hunter
Finished up the shin tools last week and have been working on the jetpack. I still need to get the black stripes done so I can put the decals on, then weather the whole thing. I masked and sprayed the damage on the blue tanks tonight but will go back and do everything else topically. Masking and painting this thing was a PITA, next time I'll invest in an airbrush:lol:

IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg

Okay, repainted the blue on the tanks and have been applying the damage topically. I have been following the reference pics for the overall shape of the damage on the tanks and the scratch locations, but I feel like I'm missing something to make it look real. For the scratches I have been sticking on two pieces of tape very close to each other to leave a thin gap and painting the gap to get a "scratch". Or I have dipped a toothpick in the paint and painted the scratch but it has more of a comet shape (e.g. wider at one end and then narrowing down to a point as the paint wears off). I know the AoSW pics have some white applied to the silver scratches, but I need some help achieving that well-worn look.

Also, what do people use for the brown weathering on the white part under the "piano keys"? I tested brown shoe polish and brown paint on some scrap plastic but I think it will be too thick and dark. Are ground up pastels the way to go?

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back