New photo of the Third Prototype Boba Fett Helmet

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
Hi guys,

I know I am not on here much but wanted to share this with you. It is nothing revolutionary, but still a cool pic that was shared by long time friend of the site, Jason Eaton. It is a photo of the third prototype helmet (PP3) apparently from years ago as the helmet doesn't have all the damage that it does today in the LFL archives. It also is interesting to note that the photo has a similar odd color casting as seen on the photos of the third prototype costume as seen in the Star Wars Chronicles book. Perhaps this photo is from that time period.

Also cool to see one of the belt pouches laying to the left of the helmet and isn't the book the helmet is sitting on a big tease! Sure wish we had access to that!

Anyway, hope you enjoy it and thanks to Jason for sharing it with us.

Click to enlarge.

boba-fett-third-prototype-helmet-logo.jpg

Thank you very much for sharing with us. I'm sorry but I'm in love with PP#3, I'm seriously thinking about doing PP#3 instead of RotJ. I don't know what to do...

That folder is I'm sure, nothing but Fett stuff. They have said it's the most documented SW character.

You know, before probably Dexter stupid Jetster or someone else uninteresting came along. :-/

Art who?

KaanE go PP3 be original ,

Great pic , whats the logo on the tin mug looks like a sporting team crest, mabey if any one knows that we could work out a time frame?
The colours are so washed out oon the pic it reminds me of the pics of the pp eyes , we interpret the green opn it as all most blue gray but seeing the most recent pic of the PPeyes on promo tour (with the green gaunt) the helmet looks greener and this pic glavanissas that for me , seeing we now what color this helmet is suposed to be

Thanks Jason and Art! That is one cool photo. I love the pouch and chin cup.

I also wonder what the ratio of new to us and previously seen photos are in that book.

Great to see this. I love the PP3 costume. I've been throwing around the idea of making a backup Boba costume, either ESB or PP3, but I think I favor the PP3 more, as it has the yellow gauntlet like my '70s action figure did.

I mean, really, the PP3 basically is the ESB suit, but with the saddlebags rotated a bit on the belt, no sidearm, and using the PP1 jetpack and gauntlets and cape. The helmet is very close to the ESB helmet as well.

Decisions, decisions.....

I have been playing with colours, saturation, levels, etc. and this is what I got. I hope you like it.

bobafettthirdprototypeh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been on for a while and was doing some reading up on my Fett knowlege and came across this thread. Fantastic photo from the past!! Thanks for the sharing of this...and I agree that the book the helmet is sitting on must be a literal treasure trove of info.

Sorry for reviving this thread, but I was looking at this Pre-Pro #3 image (and then the rest of the test fit photos from the Gallery) and I noticed that at that time (around 1978) the helmet didn't have those letraset characters on the ears...

PP3 No Letraset 01.jpg PP3 No Letraset 02.jpg

...and they applied those somewhere before or in time of the ESB (1978-1980).

PP3 With Letraset.jpg

Not too much, just a good catch.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back