my mandolorian helmet

Ogunn

Jr Hunter
hey guys, i just found this website and i started to make my mando armor/helmet...so far wizard of flights templetes are spot on...thanks!!! couple of quick questions though...the spackle i am using...will it be strong enough? seems to crack a little but wasnt sure if after sanding/primer/paint that would stop? i saw a youtube video and thats what they said to use....should i have used bondo? also i have seen a few helmets after being fiberglassed/resined....will this make it significantly stronger? since i am making the basic helmet out of cardboard i was wondering if it can be reinforced enough to not shatter if someone knocks on the top of the helmet which is probably bound to happen....also...would a thin layer of bondo or spackle on the whole helmet dried and sanded be worth doing just to maybe make it a little harder before it is painted?

this is basically my first attempt and if successful i might make another out of plastic like i am doing with the chest and shoulder armor etc....looking forward to this halloween so i can pimp my mando gear but i want to make it as nice looking as my limited skills can

thanks for any help

imag0038g.jpg

here is a pic of my helmet after one day of work...just did the dome and spackled it...sanded the mandable/cheeckbone areas and applied another thin coat of spackle....also...how would i upload an image into the post without having to post a link to image shack or anything? i know you can lol but im a noob when it comes to computers

http://img707.imageshack.us/i/imag0038g.jpg/

Good job so far!

Well, if you want to show your images you must use the
code, where the '-' is replaced with your image link (at ImageShack you must copy from 'Links to share this image/Direct' link), but not before you resize your image to an approximated 800X600 rezolution, otherwise the image will not be shown fully in your post. Or you can use the manage attachment option using the 'Go Advanced' feature. Good luck!

Respect!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back