New promotional Pre-pro Fett pic from 1981

Redtogusa

Jr Hunter
Hey guys,
Rapstertee over on the UKG 501st forums posted something I think you'd like to take a look at:

istockphoto_569269-glue-2.gif

link to topic:
Welcome To The UK Garrison • Login

The pic was apparently taken in 1981 in the island of Jersey, Channel Islands, UK.
So what do you think it is?
My guess is a pre-pro promotional Fett costume, similar to that seen in the 'Making of ESB' book.

What I want to know is how it got all the way to little old Jersey, a small island of 9miles by 5?!

I don't know if it's me looking at it wrong but his right gaunt hose pipe that's hanging down looks like it might have one of these on the end:

10966.gif

Maybe the male part attached to the hose, with the female part under the sleeve to hold the pipe in place. Just a guess.

What a great shot!
May have to rethink the colors I used on my PP1 paintup. The natural lighting seems to show much more of a green hue than other pics show.
Hmmm. . . .

This is a mad find every thing about that suit is difrent the blaster isnt the same as the ESB it seams to be a cast look at the flash tube no holes,
and redtogusa , there are some super trooper pics were you can see the gauntlet hoses going straight in to the rocket pack , instead of under the sleaves, and of cause its the Sandy touring helmet,
HA, you can see his face, and those chest peices look new to ,

Very cool!
Some things to consider;
That chest armor looks all new to me. That means yet another set of promo/preproduction armor we havent seen until now.
If the date is correct that means the PP1 "eyes" helmet survived past ESB and was not repainted as we have often theorized.
I am not sure that gauntlet is the ESB gaunt. The weathering looks different but its a bit blurry.
That point combined with the blaster and sidearm could suggest either unseen/unused ESB stunt parts and post ESB promotional suits actually being put together and supplemented with leftover ESB parts.

Very intriguing. I just hope that date can be confirmed without a doubt.

Thats not the eyes helmet itys the "sandy" helmet no 2 ways about it

Actually i may be wrong about that but it, has crome earts were the eyes doesnt ?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, the "Sandy" has more silver on the right front and over the right eye. It's definitely the eyes helmet withthem already airbrushed over making it actually the "Ears" helmet.
This is the Sandy (with completely different weathering):
Login | Facebook

Confused yet?

That's why I asked if he meant "repainted" completely or just with the eyes removed.

Rapstertee has confirmed that the pic was taken in the summer of '81. The boy in the picture is the person who gave him the picture and confirmed the date. Definitely 1981.

Yes i stand corected is it possible that the EYES helmet was turned in to the ESB , as it seams to have the "dremel" marks in the same spot ,
or do the dates not match i guess if this pic was taken in 81 id wouldnt be possible
any way i love it the green and yellow gaunts , and the yellow one doesnt seem to have the same weathering ( the gaffa tape mark) on it so it could be a new one or one of the seen ones in an earlyer rendition as the PP2 costume was apently stollen by this time the left gaunt seems diffrent ,
I dont, know just my thorts

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back