I found the Jango and Bobba costumes origins (just my theory)

crow62

Active Hunter
As you know I am making my Jango Fett costume, after some alluminium armor parts, my flight suit and the emmo belt, I started to research about the ghirt belt, 20 or 21 rounds of bolo braid, I questioned me "why Jango needs leather bolo around the waist?", what the purpose is?, well, I keep looking for local handyman that would can make the leather 6mm bolo, a handyman talked me about a mexican tradition in Zitlala. I ran to google and I found an ancestral mexican tradition asking God for healthy harvest, you can make the search as me and you will find many Jangos & Bobba Feta analogies.
TIGRES_2_ZITLALA_Foto_Jortge_Alberto_Silva.jpg

Here you have a video:

Here a little description about this ritual:
May 5, Tigers meet in the square, their helmets are made of heavy leather from cow, her eyes are mirrors, they look through the mouth where teeth are painted boar, they use several layers of clothing to cushion the blows that are handed to each other, they protect your kidneys around their waists with several turns of rope or braided leather belts...

If you want read more about this here some links in spanish:
- Lugares de México - Zitlala
El culto a las deidades de la lluvia, Guerrero
Pagina nueva 1

Probably many of you don`t agree with me, but in the images I look:
Helmet, ghirt, braids and flight suits.

Many times the fiction emulates the real life, may be or may be not, you will make your own opinion.

Giovanni

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Giovanni- Great research. I think sometimes we forget that many motion picture themes and cultures stem from/ mirror our very own. Nice job!
B

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back